Sigma ART Lens + GH4 4K + SLR Magic Anamorphot + Metabones Speedbooster

nahua

Testing out the new Metabones Speedbooster Canon EF -> m43.  Really loving it, and working with Sigma ART lenses it just sings!  I really want that shallow depth of field look, and it works a treat.  Of course it's really hard to focus at F1, worse using a vari-ND filter too (vignette and darkening of the corners at the highest setting).  Paired with the SLR Magic Anamorphot it has a great look!

@Stephen No diopters at all in this video, only using the "Near" setting on the Anamorphot.  Would have been sharper if I did use them though.  I'll do that next time.  The 30mm has the best look, but they all focus close.  The 50mm might be the least minimum distance, but not by much.  It was however the hardest to focus under F2.8 that's for sure.

@Ken GH4 minimum ISO is 200 in video mode.  Yes the Speedbooster is brighter by 1 stop, improves DOF by 1 stop as well.  The lens is at F1.4, with Speedbooster it's F1.0.  So the Tiffen Vari-ND filter is almost at maximum, but you can see the vigenette is heavy.  Besides, it's not really practical to shoot at F1.0.  I had a really hard time focusing because I could barely see with so much ND.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By stevenjbelcher
      Like new BMPCC 4K with Metabones EF-MFT ULTRA .71x Speedbooster.
      Originally purchased new in early 2019.
      Only very minor cosmetic dings on the top of the camera body. Everything works perfectly. Only used professionally a handful of times.
      Includes:
      Body (w/ caps) Speedbooster (w/ caps & case) Manual Power adapter LP-E6 Battery Original Camera Packaging Firmware Version: 6.9.6
      Photos: https://www.sharegrid.com/dcbaltimore/l/188312-blackmagic-design-pocket-cinema-camera-4k-w-metabones-ultra-71x-speedbooster
    • By PaulUsher
      Using EF lenses on RF mount + drop in ND adaptor (so not looking at the awesome and expensive RF 24-70). Replacing ageing Tamron 24-70 VC for something with smoother AF - the focussing can be jumpy and jarring. Looking for decent in-lens stabilisation.
      Was originally thinking the Tamron G2 but the stabilisation looks sticky for panning. Thoughts / experiences? Anyone using the Sigma 24-70 Art on Canon and can comment on the stabilisation -is it sticky, is it jerky? Mixed reports on internet, some say it’s not effective at all, some say it’s better than the Tamron. Limited footage out there - what I’ve seen looks ok...
      Will probably rent both the Sigma and Tamron to test, but would be grateful for long term opinions going into this upgrade. Will likely be my workhorse lens for years to come. Cheers. 
      Paul
    • By PBR
      Hi everyone!
      I wanted to showcase my passion project "The Night Knows No Shore" here on EOSHD. I've been a long time reader of Andrew's blog and it was his footage that inspired me to get an Iscorama a long time ago. 
      After doing tests with it for a while I came up with this idea for a movie. And you can now see the result on youtube: 

It's a project made by one single actor and one single crew member (me) with one single focal length (a Canon FD 85mm 1.8) and one single focus anamorphic lens ( Iscorama pre-36). Don't expect much action. It's a slow film with lots of monologues and no real plot. It's about one young man's thoughts on society, religion, art, philosophy, life in general. Have a look. If you don't like all the "pretentious" talking, maybe you like the footage. Let me know what you think. If you have any questions, just ask. Enjoy! 

• By thebrothersthre3
      $1700 shipped open to offers
      Looking to sell my GH5(mint condition), with battery grip, along with a metabones speedbooster, and three Minolta lenses. Also comes with 4 batteries.

The lenses are 24mm 2.8, 35mm 1.8, and 50mm 1.4
      The Battery grip is a great addition, letting you record continuously for at least 3 hours straight. The image coming out of the GH5 is pretty amazing. Incredibly detailed image, free from moire and aliasing. The IBIS is amazing allowing you to shoot handheld without any shake. The speedbooster gives you a S35 field of view and an extra stop of light. Combined with the fast minolta glass you can get some really nice images at 3200 iso in low light. The minolta lenses give the image a cinematic feel. The 35mm 1.8 is especially nice being very sharp wide open. The GH5 allows you to crop in to get more reach out of the lenses too.
      Selling because I recently purchased an URSA mini and already have two Fuji cameras. This was my second time purchasing a GH5 and I'll probably be back to it at some point, but alas this one has to go for now. The GH5 is like the ultimate run and gun camera, at least for the price.