GH4 4K does Super 8 anamorphic

Sebastien Farges

Hi guys !

Yes I have just received the GH4 this morning :)

1st test : why not put my 60’s baby Hypergonar anamorphic 1.75X lens in the 4K cinema mode ? :)
Fast filming, run and gun documentary style, focusing improvisation

Doing 4K is for me like in 2006 when I went from SD to HDV. A huge orgasm ! Viva GH4 ! :)

Baby Hypergonar anamorphic 1.75X lens
on Qioptiq LINOS Mevis-C C-mount lens 35mm f1.6 (most of the shot were taken at f2)
No diopter, no CC, variable Cokin ND filter
EOSHD guide cineV preset settings
4KC mode
1080P streaming version on Vimeo, 4K version available for download
180° shutter speed
200 ASA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By petertom
      Isco 2X Anamorphic 35mm cine projection Lens Clean On Ebay
      Price: $495.00
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Isco-2X-Anamorphic-35mm-cine-projection-Lens-Clean/312353136758?

• By Snuff
      For sale a rare 1937 Leitz Hektor Rapid 27mm f1.4 cinema lens (s/n 417161) for the Bolex H16 cinema camera. The lens covers full m43 sensor with a little vignetting and soft corners, great for cropped sensor of BMPCC, BMMCC, BMPCC4K (S16 mode). Examples of photos taken on a Lumix GX800 camera.
      The condition for its age is excellent: the case is clean with little signs of use, there are some dust and a bubble inside (this is typical of pre-war Leitz lenses), I did not notice the effect on the picture. The lens has been professionally serviced. A complete disassembly, cleaning and lubrication was carried out. The focus and aperture rings spin smoothly and effortlessly. The diaphragm is clean, 10 blades. The kit includes the original hood, front cap and c-mount adapter - m43 (MFT) with rear cap. There is focus on infinity. I will send the lens by mail worldwide.
      I shot this video with this lens Leitz Hektor Rapid 2.7cm f/1.4 on a Lumix GX800 camera: https://youtu.be/uIRKYGp6tg8
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/274428194426

• By PBR
      Hi everyone!
      I wanted to showcase my passion project "The Night Knows No Shore" here on EOSHD. I've been a long time reader of Andrew's blog and it was his footage that inspired me to get an Iscorama a long time ago. 
      After doing tests with it for a while I came up with this idea for a movie. And you can now see the result on youtube: 

It's a project made by one single actor and one single crew member (me) with one single focal length (a Canon FD 85mm 1.8) and one single focus anamorphic lens ( Iscorama pre-36). Don't expect much action. It's a slow film with lots of monologues and no real plot. It's about one young man's thoughts on society, religion, art, philosophy, life in general. Have a look. If you don't like all the "pretentious" talking, maybe you like the footage. Let me know what you think. If you have any questions, just ask. Enjoy! 

• By Carlostheepic
      Looking to buy a used FVD-16A (CANON).

• By Richard Peretti
      Hi guys,
      Found this packed away in the loft. Haven't used it in years. Open to offers, UK only please.
      Cheers