Rest in Power David Thorpe

newfoundmass

David Thorpe passed away on May 25th. For those that aren't familiar, David was a huge proponent of M43 and shared his love of photography on his blog and YouTube channel. 

A message from his family can be read in the description of this video:

His channel is well worth checking out. He was a very thoughtful reviewer. 

His blog is also excellent:

https://m43blog.dthorpe.net/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So sad. 

He was one of my favorite writers and video bloggers.  With his unique and interesting insights, he could easily entertain even when discussing a mundane camera bag or consumer lens.

He certainly contributed to my love for the m43 format.  It's a sad irony that as we find new life being breathed into the these smaller cameras, we have lost one of their most talented advocates.

That's absolutely terrible news. He posted a very short last video, and I was trying to get his contact information.

I used to love his reviews. He was brilliant and brilliantly witty. Can't imagine anyone else who was an advocate of the M43 ecosystem, like him.

Panasonic and Olympus owe him a thank you note, in the least. 

He'll be missed very much. He was so articulate, informative, and he never fell into the click bait trap that has ensnared so many others. Someone said he was the Bob Ross of M43 and he really was. 

I hope that those that haven't seen or read his stuff take the time to check it out. He was very passionate about it all.