Can the Sony FS7 pair with the Ninja V (non-RAW)?

Mmmbeats

Quick question, probably not worthy of a thread, but I couldn't find a home for it.

I know that the Ninja V can't record RAW from the FS5, but can it record a 4K 10-bit signal at all from the camera?  Either via HDMI or the SDI adaptor.

Is there any 5-inch recorder that would enable 4K 10-bit?  I know that for RAW you would have to step up to the larger recorders.

Cheers.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

FS7 can output 10-bit 4:2:2 via HDMI up to 4K30fps. I've tested it successfully with a Ninja V even though it isn't really necessary since FS7 records 10-bit 4:2:2 internally up to 4K60p.

2 hours ago, barefoot_dp said:

There's no 5" monitor that can record 10bit from the FS5. The FS5 only does 10bit via Raw/SDI; HDMI is limited to 8 bit.

The Ninja V with the SDI module should allow 10-bit recording from the FS5.

7 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Ah yeah you do need SDI, shogun Inferno will do 120fps 4k prores RAW

Yeah, but it's 7-inch.  This is the problem.  Those monitors (all of the compatible Atomos and Convergent Design products) are huge compared to the FS5 body and look like they will make handling a little awkward too.

sid-nate-shogun-setup-5-e1513708417994.j

Here's the camera with the Shogun Flame and the sun hood:

IMG_0759-e1465839923958-768x1024.jpg

?

7 hours ago, Django said:

@Mmmbeats why is this thread titled FS7 when it's visibly about FS5?

Because I made a mistake with the title ?.  Though in my defence, you seem to be the only person (including myself up till now), who has spotted it. 

I've been sizing up a bunch of cinema cameras for a possible future purchase (all the usual suspects), including the FS7, but, yes, this query was about the FS5. 

On 9/28/2019 at 2:03 AM, Mmmbeats said:

I'm leaning towards thinking that the Ninja V cannot process the RAW signal from the FS5 ii, even with the SDI module unfortunately.

Problem with Atomos is their lack of documentation. So you need to verify with Atomos if Ninja V can process raw from FS4 with SDI module

• 2 years later...