Z-CAM quietly announce 8k and 6k FULL FRAME cameras - no joke!

Oliver Daniel

10 hours ago, mercer said:

Any word when the E2-C is being released and if there will be ProRes or Raw?

E2C has 10bit but not raw

Bit surprising they haven't shipped it yet

8 hours ago, currensheldon said:

Seems as though the E2 is getting lots of great reviews and I actually like the idea of a modular brain (like Red) if you can get accessories that aren't $2-5k a pop. Snag a Shinobi monitor ($400) or Swit ($200) and some Sony NPF batteries ($100 for all-day power), and you're good to go. 

They've partnered with a company to make a monitor which is touch screen and works to control their camera, like RED does (but their monitor is waaaaaaaaay cheaper than RED's is!!). So if you get a Z Cam that would make more sense than buying a Shinobi or Swit

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

What? There's a Zoom F6 now? I'd love to see what that's like, but Google is giving me nothing

Is a brand brand new product, hasn't been officially announced. 

An entirely different body design to the F4/F8 (but still great for bag use, not like that ugly duck which is the F1! UGH!), much smaller than the F4/F8 (but not as small as the MixPre3! Darn. I was hoping for that from Zoom with their next sound recorder)

Depending on its price/specs I might pre order it when the sales pages go up. 

However what I really want is that Scorpio recorder....   sigh

Anybody want my kidney?

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

They've partnered with a company to make a monitor which is touch screen and works to control their camera, like RED does (but their monitor is waaaaaaaaay cheaper than RED's is!!). So if you get a Z Cam that would make more sense than buying a Shinobi or Swit

Yep you want to get the new Portkeys 5inch monitor (BM5) releasing soon. 2000nit brightness and can control the camera via touchscreen (HDMI and SDI compatible).

I've heard there's some issues with the Shinobi + Zcam already, not sure if it's sorted yet.

p.s. Not to mention you get better quality and options recording internal with the Zcam, external recorders are pointless with such a camera. Something to keep in mind for those thinking of getting the Ninja. There won't be ProRes Raw or Braw, they have already said many times.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:44 AM, Laurier said:

Yep , well the blackmagic pocket 4k is more or less the terra 4k for 1/3 of the price.

But by the time they come out, it will probably have to compete with the A7s3, at that point I expect the A7s3 to kill all other sub 10k camera for video in term of performance/price.
It s getting more and more probable that we will get some form of video raw out of it, so the benefit of a a mavo LF/E2 FF would be a lot less obvious.
Most  FF video camera seem to cap at 60fps at full sensor readout, so we might not even get a higher frame rate than a A7s3 either.

The expectations for the A7Siii are so high and very unrealistic. 

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

The monitor is called Portkeys BM5. It looks very good on paper.

24 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

Hoping on BRAW or something similar instead. I dont have the budgets to store 6K or 8K RAW files on my disks.  

6 hours ago, tweak said:

There won't be ProRes Raw or Braw, they have already said many times.

Do you read threads or just post whatever you are thinking at the time? ? Sorry I had to say it ✌️?‍♀️.

5 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

The expectations for the A7Siii are so high and very unrealistic. 

Well , Sony said that they want to go over customer expectation, customer expectations are 10 bits out and 60fps in 4k that what the sony CEO said in the last interview.
Looking at the tech and the last sensor released , we can also expect a stacked back lit sensor, so very low to no rolling shutter.

On top, either the current eye AF in video or the new object tracking tech from the a9 .

What the E2 6k FF is , is a A7iii sensor with 60fps/compressed raw for 5k usd , without monitor, which is still a good price don t get me wrong.

But the A7siii will be cheaper with more recent tech, and similar specs.

Better customer services, better resale value ect...

That a pragmatic look .

But really, video autofocus on FF was a game changer for me , shooting on a shoulder rig with a 135mm at 2.8 and having a perfect subject tracking is just mad.

26 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

haha sorry :)

All good ??.

27 minutes ago, Laurier said:

Well , Sony said that they want to go over customer expectation, customer expectations are 10 bits out and 60fps in 4k that what the sony CEO said in the last interview.
Looking at the tech and the last sensor released , we can also expect a stacked back lit sensor, so very low to no rolling shutter.

On top, either the current eye AF in video or the new object tracking tech from the a9 .

What the E2 6k FF is , is a A7iii sensor with 60fps/compressed raw for 5k usd , without monitor, which is still a good price don t get me wrong.

Better customer services, better resale value ect...

That a pragmatic look .

But really, video autofocus on FF was a game changer for me , shooting on a shoulder rig with a 135mm at 2.8 and having a perfect subject tracking is just mad.

You talk a lot about what is "better" for a product that doesn't actually exist and you have no real idea of what it will be.

12 minutes ago, tweak said:

All good ??.

You talk a lot about what is "better" for a product that doesn't actually exist and you have no real idea of what it will be.

Technically neither the E2 6kFF :)

But you can already compare it to a A7iii since it s probably going to be the same sensor.

50 minutes ago, Laurier said:

Better customer services, better resale value ect..

If you take history as our guide (and people should do), nothing indicates that such an A7sIII is even remotely possible, for the simplest of the reasons, such an A7sIII would be better than - almost - ALL the professional Sony cameras that exist today.

The most profitable Sony cameras right now are definitely the FS5 and 7 cameras. Do you truly believe that Sony will have a better than those cameras in September, for half or 1/3 of the money, while they still sell like hot cakes (especially the FS7mkII is a staple in most low budget productions all over the world right now)?!

There isn't even a camera with similar specs to price ratio to the forthcoming Z cameras, or to the P4K for that matter, so the speculation and imagination can't even point us to any possible reality right now.

25 minutes ago, Laurier said:

Technically neither the E2 6kFF :)

But you can already compare it to a A7iii since it s probably going to be the same sensor.

Exactly what I'm saying...

"probably going to be", i.e. you actually have no idea.

8 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

If you take history as our guide (and people should do), nothing indicates that such an A7sIII is even remotely possible, for the simplest of the reasons, such an A7sIII would be better than - almost - ALL the professional Sony cameras that exist today.

The most profitable Sony cameras right now are definitely the FS5 and 7 cameras. Do you truly believe that Sony will have a better than those cameras in September, for half or 1/3 of the money, while they still sell like hot cakes (especially the FS7mkII is a staple in most low budget productions all over the world right now)?!

There isn't even a camera with similar specs to price ratio to the forthcoming Z cameras, or to the P4K for that matter, so the speculation and imagination can't even point us to any possible reality right now.

Exactly.

1 minute ago, Kisaha said:

But the Z cameras have very little in common with A FS5 or a FS7.

Just compare the P4k to the E2, they share the same sensor, the P4k is cheaper and have better features overall, ( the only thing going for the E2 is 120fps 4k , but the quality is horrible)

Sony  camera / Broadcast / sensors are 3 separate divisions, the camera order custom sensors to the sensor division.
 The Broadcast one have a lot less budget than the camera division, on the Venice  for example they borrowed the a9 sensor .

If you look at panasonic , the GH5s was made by a collaboration between the broadcast and the camera division.

I m not saying that the A7siii is going to replace a FS7, they are in different segments of the market, but for me the E2 is closer to a A7 than a Venice in term of features and tech.

I think sony is going to move the FS line to 8k and bump the specs for the A7siii, because otherwise what would it have over a A7iii that already have better features than a 7sii.

8 minutes ago, androidlad said:

It is the A7 III/Mavo LF sensor IMX410, without PDAF mask of course.

The 8K one is IMX455.

The product isn't for sale yet... Yes maybe it will be that sensor, but talking about products that don't even exist based on having an inkling about the sensor it will have is pretty stupid, which is the part of his posts I'm opposed to.

15 minutes ago, Laurier said:

Just compare the P4k to the E2, they share the same sensor, the P4k is cheaper and have better features overall, ( the only thing going for the E2 is 120fps 4k , but the quality is horrible)

You talk so much crap it's insane. You clearly haven't had or used either of these cameras. They are totally different cameras, of which I'd argue E2 has many better features, also better colour.