Jump to content

YouTube content ID


Andrew Reid
 Share

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Personal taste does exist, yes correct.

I don't like plinky plinky happy hipster music.

It's not a proper cinematic score or film soundtrack, it's just elevator music.

Give me Vangelis over The Music Bed any day.

 

Ha, Your talking to a guy born in the 70's who grew up a steel workers son. Imo millennial hipsters will be the downfall of human civilization, be cause they are weak overly sensitive, and can't handle any kind of adversity. I'm only partially joking. ?

 

If I was going to have to go "United Kingdom" bands I'd probably go with something more like.

  • AC/DC
  • Iron Maiden
  • Pink Floyd
  • Queen

 

These come to mind from the Highlander movie.

 

 

  

 

 

 

I'm considering  this song for a personal passion project.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

im seriously telling u andrew its easy to make stuff that sounds like radiohead. thats how i got going with audio, i wanted a little melody that sounds like Everything In Its Right Place. as soon as you get started, deconstructing a particular song like that, youll see how it works and youll be making your own stuff in no time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Members
4 hours ago, Dan Sherman said:

If I was going to have to go "United Kingdom" bands I'd probably go with something more like.

  • AC/DC

Wait until the Australians on this board wake up and see this ;)

Talking of copyright, millennials and AC/DC though.....

One of my guilty pleasures is watching YouTube reaction videos of young people listening to classic rock for the first time, especially when they hear Bohemian Rhapsody!

AC/DC are also a popular subject for it but people have had to start removing the videos because their label/publishers/management aren't happy enough with picking up the ad money but want them removed. Considering the reactions to their music is usually very positive in these videos it just seems counter intuitive that they'd do that (particularly as they are getting the money as well) and it would also seem to fall under fair use policy as it is essentially a review/critique piece but its difficult to fight for the content creators to fight these battles.

You'd have to suspect its automated systems just being overly zealous as God knows the music industry shouldn't really be turning its nose up at any money making and promotional opportunities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:21 AM, Matt Perks said:

It doesn't work like that - there's no license for you to use the music so you can't legally do it. YouTube just keeps them happy by giving them the ad money, but there's nothing in their terms of service that say that it's ok to use music without a license because they have some kind of agreement with the labels. Just doesn't work like that unfortunately :( sorry Andrew!

If there is an actual agreement (as opposed to something YouTube just does to avoid liability) then yes, it does work like that. Otherwise, what would be the point of an agreement. The purpose of having one is to spell out the terms by which YouTube acts as a streaming service for the content producer. Producers have an incentive to do something like that since if they did not they would automatically get copyright strikes against their own promotional materials. The power does not lie solely with them, unless they have no interest in the promotional value YouTube provides.

Problem is, you have no way of knowing who YouTube has agreements with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
7 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Wait until the Australians on this board wake up and see this ;)

Talking of copyright, millennials and AC/DC though.....

One of my guilty pleasures is watching YouTube reaction videos of young people listening to classic rock for the first time, especially when they hear Bohemian Rhapsody!

AC/DC are also a popular subject for it but people have had to start removing the videos because their label/publishers/management aren't happy enough with picking up the ad money but want them removed. Considering the reactions to their music is usually very positive in these videos it just seems counter intuitive that they'd do that (particularly as they are getting the money as well) and it would also seem to fall under fair use policy as it is essentially a review/critique piece but its difficult to fight for the content creators to fight these battles.

You'd have to suspect its automated systems just being overly zealous as God knows the music industry shouldn't really be turning its nose up at any money making and promotional opportunities. 

I think it is probably the automated systems being overzealous. Fair use is pretty clear in copyright law, isn't it! It's not some airy fairy thing that doesn't really exist. If somebody wants to use a small section of a track in a video for the purposes of commentary it's fair use.

Likewise, one of my EOSHD Shooter's Guides is copyright material, but if a YouTuber wanted to review it and put an example page up from it, that would also be fair use and I'd be stupid to take it down anyway because it's increasing sales.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Dan Sherman said:

 

Ha, Your talking to a guy born in the 70's who grew up a steel workers son. Imo millennial hipsters will be the downfall of human civilization, be cause they are weak overly sensitive, and can't handle any kind of adversity. I'm only partially joking. ?

sadly its no joke !

If I was going to have to go "United Kingdom" bands I'd probably go with something more like.

  • AC/DC
  • Iron Maiden  please what were you thinking ? ?
  • Pink Floyd
  • Queen

you have totally forgot enya, celtic women the corrs and adele

These come to mind from the Highlander movie.

queen and pink floyd just make epic music  no doubt about it

the highlander soundtrack is on queens, its a kind of magic cd, i know i bought it twice, lost the cd once then one time  one vision came into my head  and i had to go buy it again. also sold a car once with the pink floyd comfortably numb cd in it didn't remember till much later sigh. had to go but that again too. have to be in the right mood for acdc but when it is, its loud  ? the rest could play any time of the day . some classical stuff can be nice at times heck i'll even break out mike oldfield's tubular bells or jene micheal jarre's  oxygen once or twice a year. see us aussies aren't totally uncultured ?

edit: totally forgot kate bush, wuthering heights that's epic too

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Anyone that uploads a 10 hour video of White Noise needs to be put down, let alone sued!

scientists have proved that white noise can be beneficial  for those that suffer tinnitus or ringing in the ears and can help with getting to sleep so its not all bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, leslie said:

scientists have proved that white noise can be beneficial  for those that suffer tinnitus or ringing in the ears and can help with getting to sleep so its not all bad

I would rather hear waves and seagulls to be honest. Old Sailor thing I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...