The Fusion thread

kye

I've just installed Resolve 15 and am looking at Fusion for the first time.  I'm hoping to get under the hood and get some next-level control for editing, especially in things like stabilisation.

There's a whole bunch of cool stuff that Resolve did in 2D that we can now do in 3D :)

My first impression was that the manual has gone from around 1000 pages to over 2600 pages! Holy wow.... 

Is anyone else diving into Fusion?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I used standalone fusion for a few projects over the last few years. This week I used the resolve-integrated version for a very simple effect. I love how well it works with resolve, it's a truly remarkable piece of software. Many years ago, when I used blender for everything, I remember talking about how I wished you could put compositions from the node graph into the sequence editor. With resolve, that is finally possible!

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of good training for Fusion out there. 
I did find a couple of good tuts on youtube, but its definitely got a pretty steep learning curve. 

I think this is the best intro video I've seen. It actually made me understand what was possible with the software.