The Diopter Thread.

Tito Ferradans

Sigma +0.5 72mm - this one is interesting since it's a low power, but has this dreadful bayonet ring. I though about buying it, since it's very cheap, and trying to fit into a 72mm UV filter, without the glass. If someone is up to the task, go ahead!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290901672382

I have two of those, bought one on marktplaats.nl for 10 euros :) Ordered 2 chinese UV filters for a few euro's, just going to break the glass and superglue the thread to the Tamron (it's not Sigma ;)) filters. This should work fine, I already put it on another 72mm filter (that I don't want to break) and it fits exactly.

Just bought a super cheap achromat (€30 incl. shipping). Minolta No. 0 (+0.94). It's only 55mm, but it might fit on my Iscomorphot 8/2x.

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/360592511132?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just got this one in. Tried it holding in front of my Iscomorphot 8/2x and it brings the focus down to something like 1,2 meters, have to measure it exactly. No vignetting with 50mm taking lens on Panasonic G6. Looking good!

Waiting for some step up/down rings to make a filter solution for the Iscomorphot.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have two of those, bought one on marktplaats.nl for 10 euros :) Ordered 2 chinese UV filters for a few euro's, just going to break the glass and superglue the thread to the Tamron (it's not Sigma ;)) filters. This should work fine, I already put it on another 72mm filter (that I don't want to break) and it fits exactly.

I've been waiting to hear this since forever! Relatively cheap 72mm diopters, at last! :)

Hello, I think part of this question is related to diopters so I think I'd post. Hope it's oaky. I've been searching for a solution but haven't found any discussion. Is it possible to mount 77mm Hoya diopters on 15mm rods in front of a lens? 

I've got a huge Rectimascop 48/2 X II. This version has a rare 3 meter minimum focus distance rather than 6 meter from what I've seen online. The front element is too large to use a filter clamp. So I'm trying to see if there is a way to mount my Hoya diopters or filters separately on 15mm rods. Any suggestions?

Hello, I think part of this question is related to diopters so I think I'd post. Hope it's oaky. I've been searching for a solution but haven't found any discussion. Is it possible to mount 77mm Hoya diopters on 15mm rods in front of a lens? 

I've got a huge Rectimascop 48/2 X II. This version has a rare 3 meter minimum focus distance rather than 6 meter from what I've seen online. The front element is too large to use a filter clamp. So I'm trying to see if there is a way to mount my Hoya diopters or filters separately on 15mm rods. Any suggestions?

Woah... I don't think that would even be safe... I mean, to get it fixed/stuck to something, it would have to resemble a clamp, so, I'd risk saying you're probably better improvising something to stick to the lens.

Tell me more about the Pentax's, I have never seen the T ones ,,,

I've never seen them either. Sound like good options, though. Low power and big sizes!

Woah... I don't think that would even be safe... I mean, to get it fixed/stuck to something, it would have to resemble a clamp, so, I'd risk saying you're probably better improvising something to stick to the lens.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm trying to figure out, to secure it. I was wondering if there is any product that holds filters with adjustable height, something like a mattebox (with 15mm rod clamps) but only the filter part (I can imagine an O ring shape) that comes with different diameters and threads. 

Maybe I'm thinking too far for this. Just trying to find a solution. 

Stanley; you could buy a cheap 77mm UV filter (break the glass) or a 82mm-77mm step down ring, and solder this ring with some kind of 'holder' to a rod clamp.

Or buy something like this:

telephoto-long-lens-support-mount-rod-cl

Superglue the Step down / emtpy UV filter to the top of the Lens Support. The height is adjustable :)

Stanley; you could buy a cheap 77mm UV filter (break the glass) or a 82mm-77mm step down ring, and solder this ring with some kind of 'holder' to a rod clamp.

Or buy something like this:

telephoto-long-lens-support-mount-rod-cl

Superglue the Step down / emtpy UV filter to the top of the Lens Support. The height is adjustable :)

I thought about this, but it might be too expensive, no? :P

Haha no worries,! Love this topic and the anamorphic eBay topic btw, keep up the good work!

Minolta +??, 67mm, for Autopak Super 8 camera.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330915280246

I'm almost sure this is a low power since it wouldn't be of much use to Super 8 shooters if it restricted focus too much. Couldn't find any information on google about it. Ends in 4h.

I got this one in today. It is definitely more than +1. With my Iscomorphot 8/2x it lets me focus from around half a meter.

Oh well, I can do anamorphic close ups now :) Not bad!

Brilliant idea! Just talked to a friend she recommended Gorilla Glue or 2-part Epoxy for metal.

Using a 82mm-77mm step-down sounds easier. Thanks!