Jump to content

Recommend me a GH5 Kit


Oliver Daniel
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Same for me Jon...I like quiet cameras that you don't "feel" in the footage...just because you can move it, does not mean you should??...but if you do, I like the slow control of a dolly/slider shot....For me the value in IBIS is getting away with a shot without a tripod!

Same here. John Brawley's handheld work with the Olympus was very impressive, but I don't recall if there were any panning shots per se. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Same for me Jon...I like quiet cameras that you don't "feel" in the footage...just because you can move it, does not mean you should??...but if you do, I like the slow control of a dolly/slider shot....For me the value in IBIS is getting away with a shot without a tripod!

 

With my GX85 it works nicely, up and down movements stabilized, tilts as well. Pans not working well, only for the classic Pennebaker handheld style for connecting shots and following movements.

As soon as it is about static objects to pan along, jitter is killing the image with my specific GX85 camera.

15 hours ago, jonpais said:

Same here. John Brawley's handheld work with the Olympus was very impressive, but I don't recall if there were any panning shots per se. 

 

That´s true and it avoids jitter very well.

Your ellusive shooting style of daily life vignettes reflects that well, floating with the flow, letting the viewer forget the camera completely and allowing

him to concetrate on the subjects and events and sights.

I am a little bit sad, that for background panning I cannot really use my camera with IBIS, only following movements in Pennebaker style.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd been scouring this godforsaken place for weeks, searching for a shoulder rig for my kitted out G85, when @Fritz Pierre suggested I check out an EasyRig. At B&H, the genuine article runs thousands, but you can find cheaper knockoffs. I found one at a shop here for a touch over $600 USD. It takes all the strain off my arms and back, and the camera just floats in front of me like a butterfly. 

IMG_0355.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jonpais said:

I'd been scouring this godforsaken place for weeks, searching for a shoulder rig for my kitted out G85, when @Fritz Pierre suggested I check out an EasyRig. At B&H, the genuine article runs thousands, but you can find cheaper knockoffs. I found one at a shop here for a touch over $600 USD. It takes all the strain off my arms and back, and the camera just floats in front of me like a butterfly. 

IMG_0355.PNG

That thing looks like it will vacuum your house and carry a toddler through Disney World. Cool find though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mercer said:

That thing looks like it will vacuum your house and carry a toddler through Disney World. Cool find though. 

No, that's not what it's for. 

Usually on shoots we don't have much time to eat, so what you do is dangle some sausages in front of your mouth so you stay fed. 

If you're a veggie, you can use carrots instead. 

Also, the bit at the back is actually a mini microwave, so you can heat up some cofffee for your assistant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DaveAltizer said:

If money were no option I'd get the GH5 with a full Voigt lens kit. After shooting on BMPCC with metabones speed booster for years, I've come to the conclusion that I hate using adapters. Going native is so much more reliable and efficient. 

That may be my plan, as I now need some MF lenses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...