Sign in to follow this  
Luis Reggiardo

Canon C500 internal MXF HD rec vs. 2K priority mode active

Hi!

Can someone confirm if the image quality recorded OUT TO MXF is the SAME or not when using these two different modes?

- Only MXF internalrecording to CF (1920x1080 8-bit 4:2:2)

- 2K priority mode enabled, 1920x1080 output selected AND recording to MXF internally to CF.

I am obligued to activate 2K priority in order to have the 2x MON outputs enabled (not active on "only MXF), but read somewhere that the resulting MXF signal recorded internally is derived from the 2K/HD output,whereas if using the "only MXF"mode, the signal bypass one process (Sensor->MXF vs Sensor>2K/HD>MXF).

Is that right?

Thanks

Luis

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Bozzie
      Shot on a Canon EOS M (Mk1) with my BOZ FLAT_V1 Picture Profile for Canon DSLR Cameras. Download HERE: https://bulentozdemirfilms.wordpress.com/downloads/boz-flat_v1-canon-picture-style/
      Starring: Selen Adem
      *** Strong Language ***

• By Raafi Rivero
      Hi EOSHD community,
      I've been a daily reader and pretty regular commenter here over the past year, and wanted to share some exciting news. My first feature film will premiere at the LA Film Festival in two weeks! It's been a labor of love and a lot of work to get it to this point, so I'd love for any of you in the area to come out to the screening and to meet IRL. Here's a link for tickets, and the trailer's below. Also of note to readers is the many formats we used to shoot the film. Partly out of necessity, and at times for aesthetic reasons we ended up shooting on at least 5 different cameras and formats: Canon C500 4k Raw, RED, C500 HD, full-frame Canon DSLR, Panasonic GH4, and even iPhone
       Let me know if you can make it!

• By Raafi Rivero
      Hey folks, I've been posting here for close to a year. All the while working on this project in the background. It's a dramatic coming-of age tale. We shot on both Canon c500 and Red cameras, with vintage Cooke S2 lenses. Let me know what you think!
    • By Bradok
      SloMo City. Using the new RX100M4. Music written and built.
      "Love it or hate it, the world is an industrial machine."

http://vimeo.com/148284614

Any other slow motion & music videos?
    • By Bozzie
      A broken promise between Archangel Michael and Lucifer threatens the birth of Man.