classic digital

Liam

2 hours ago, Chris Oh said:

It said to hell with low light noise "nonproblem." Even with the fuzziness, I think it captured the feeling.  Just made me realize that GAS is bad with me. >.<

But just the trailer makes me want a DVX100:) Would love to have a 3 CCD cam with HD and writing to card. These are still not to be found under 1000+ usd. DVX100 for around 300.

Did some messy filming with an EX1 a few days ago. Color blooming caused by purple gels was like 8bit Nintendo.

Other than that, pretty colors, also with red and blue gels:) and lowlight like apsc canon.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Chris Oh said:

I got through half of it. I started watching at 1am and had to get up and 6am to go to work. probably finish tonight.

I personally liked it, because I like raw documentary looking stuff.(whatever that means) Perfectly fitting for this thread. It said to hell with low light noise "nonproblem." Even with the fuzziness, I think it captured the feeling.  Just made me realize that GAS is bad with me. >.<

forgot to mention I found it through Amazon Prime, but it's on Fandor.com and they have a 7 day free trial. So, watching for free.

Cool. I have Amazon prime, I'll be on the lookout for it. 

On November 1, 2016 at 11:49 PM, fuzzynormal said:

Yeah, here's the silly trailer.  Funny thing is, our main actor became best buds with Matthew McConaughey after our shoot while doing that HBO series with him.  Oh, timing!  Fair warning, this movie is pretty ridiculous.  Man, to think this was a decade ago.  Too many drugs, not enough script.  (not me doing the drugs, the actors)  Good combo?  Probably not.  

I thought I had commented about this. Yeah, it's pretty awesome. It looks like it would be on Cinemax late at night. That's a compliment by the way. 

I love the "Photographed in Color" 

20 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

But just the trailer makes me want a DVX100:) Would love to have a 3 CCD cam with HD and writing to card. These are still not to be found under 1000+ usd. DVX100 for around 300.

Did some messy filming with an EX1 a few days ago. Color blooming caused by purple gels was like 8bit Nintendo.

Other than that, pretty colors, also with red and blue gels:) and lowlight like apsc canon.

There's still an EX1 around here! One of the greatest video cameras of all time. Typical Sony, all the lettering was off after a few months purchased new! Other than that, incredible camera, and survived a lot of abuse.

Has anyone used an XA10? The price has come down fairly low on the used market and I have seen some decent samples online... But also some horrible ones.

With the XLR inputs and some of the pro features, this camcorder could really be useful in run and gun scenarios?

5 minutes ago, Matt Kieley said:

Let's keep the shitty digital videos coming.

https://vimeo.com/13324192

Another one shot with the GS90.

Anamorphic HV30.

Very nice. Weirdly the word "organic" comes comes to mind for some of these images..

P.S. has anyone here seen Peep Show? Shot at first on a cheap camera that was built into a hard hat I think? Definitely relevant here. All POV shots, which somehow works really well. Certainly helps that the writing and acting is fantastic too though.

On 5.11.2016 at 8:12 PM, Kisaha said:

There's still an EX1 around here! One of the greatest video cameras of all time. Typical Sony, all the lettering was off after a few months purchased new! Other than that, incredible camera, and survived a lot of abuse.

Yeah, the ergos are nice. A lot of profile option for that 35mbps codec though:) It´s not my camera. Friends and me got it from school to shoot with. It sure doesnt

like purple gels though:) Lumix G6 was more forgiving. Maybe saturation was too high.

By the way, another digital oddity would be the Canon Powerhot Elph 300 (Ixus 220 HS). It even has stabilization and is hackable with chdk hack.

no info about manual video though.