G7 as a stand alone 4k shooter?

Tsarbomba

So my 6D is great for what it is. Im really craving some 4k and seriously thinking of betting the G7 as kinda a hold over until 5DIV is announced, and even at that point I can use this as a back up. As much as I love my 6D, it doesnt excite me to go out and film with it. The thought of using the G7 for strickly 4k video excites me. And the B&H price with $100 is pretty awesome right now. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

4K is overrated. Especially since you started taking videos last week I wouldn't jump into a new camera just for that. For example I found the stabilization that EM1 offered was far more important in creating nice looking videos since my style is handheld with manual lenses. Others might have a need for good AF during video, or ability for a shallow DoF or lowlight performance or large dynamic range or ....

All these things take time to find out and in the meantime 6D is a very capable camera that you can use to learn a lot. Shooting technique, framing, audio, editing etc can make a much much bigger difference than 4K.

New cameras are always going to come and get cheaper & cheaper so no need to rush for something that you want but might not need...

Anyways G7 is a great camera.

That's what I did, got the G7 plus a metabones adapter for a carryover till the 5d4.  The difference in video quality is astounding compared to a 5d3.  Only downside to the G7 I received is the level is off, so I've had to use a bubble level.  Can't be beat for the price though.