Sign in to follow this  
Francisco Rios

Shooting JPG MOV anamorphic 2.66

Hi,
Hope someone can help with these issue.
I shot in JPG MOV 30p 4:3 with anamorphic Moller 2X in Black and white.
Now I want to convert 29.97 to 23.97 .
I used compressor to do that task, but the blacks get crushed. To fix that I set in compressor a gamma correction. The original setting is 1,0 and I drop it to 0,86. On that way the picture stay very similar to original.
Does anyone else know how to handle in a better way these issue?
Best regards.
Francisco.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
mmm....
Maybe, I don't really know on these case with JPG Move. I really like to shoot in black and white, and if you have a location with just the local light, probably you will need to boost iso, that means to boost also electronic noise.
Without color you get less noise.
Here's the explanation:
http://www.eoshd.com/content/6858/tips-for-clean-iso-6400-and-12800-on-the-gh2-and-5d-mark-ii

Best regards.
Francisco.

Well I don't have a better workflow for you unfortunately. But I am wondering why you choose to shoot in JPG Move at 30p and converting instead of just shooting 24p in AVCHD? The clip looks really nice by the way. :-) I'm not sure if I've ever seen black and what footage shot in anamorphic? I usually think of all those cool 60's and 70's moves instead but this is really quite cool instead. It's kind of a new thing for me. ;-)

Thanks for the comments Galenb,
I shot with JPGMOV because I wanted a 2.66 aspect ratio. In avchd mode I get 3.55 ratio like the train's video.
That extrem aspect is really beautiful but I also want to get 2.66.
I don't like 30p and with JPG you can't shoot in 24p.
So I did the conversion, I think it works...
Best regards.

These is my first and unique test with anamorphic shot with gh2 in JPGmov, black and white. Then I did the conversion 30p to 24p.

These below are in 24p avchd with eoshd intra frame patch

[url="https://vimeo.com/44146396"]https://vimeo.com/44146396[/url]

[url="https://vimeo.com/37669389"]https://vimeo.com/37669389[/url]

All done with Moller anamorphic lens 2x.
Best regards.