It’s time to turn to Sigma if you are a Sony user.
With Sigma’s own Canon mount MC-11 adapter, PDAF in video mode is blazingly responsive.
But ONLY with Sigma’s own lenses.
Firmware 2.0 for the Panasonic GH5 has been officially announced, and will be available for download at the end of September 2017. View the full press release and list of changes here
I’ve been testing a pre-production version of this on my camera thanks to Panasonic, to bring you my first impressions of the new features which include:
- Professional 400Mbit ALL-I intraframe codec for 10bit 4K 4:2:2
- “Open Gate” High Resolution Anamorphic Mode (4992 x 3744)
- Hybrid Log Gamma with view assist feature for HDR shooting
- New and improved autofocus engine for video
- Performance optimisations and bug fixes
Read on to find out what it’s like to shoot with…
Early adopters have put the Sony A6300 image quality and autofocus to the test – the results are incredible (see below).
Could Sony have achieved something very special with their combination of 6K sensor readout and 425 phase detect points?