Why we care about the latest gear and how this all started with a post about Top Gear - for historical purposes

Ed_David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

A movie about a woman accusing a man of something on Facebook and the world believing her straight away with no further proof and him going to jail sounds a little one dimensional and far fetched to me.  I'd wait a little,  do some more research,  keep an open mind and get all the facts before you start putting those megabits to disk. 

I don't see the posts as failing to see the "opposing side" so much as the side he is leaning on is being taken more seriously in weight in the face of personal attacks and Devil's Advocates.

The reason why we care and why we have so much discussions is because we all want to be heard. We all have our points of view. 

There's good reason why most works of art are... well, rather liberal and show empathy. And then there's also a reason why some works are just kind of boring propaganda.

These are far more interesting discussions than measurable technical information about dynamic range and ISO sensitivities.

But uhh.. I have no idea what we are talking for now....

• Administrators

"EOSHD posts about it and suddenly everyone knows"

Not true! Was never on the blog.

A forum user started a thread. I kept it open and replied. Didn't want to censor it.

I am sick of it now and so is nearly everyone else. Thanks for locking the thread Rich.

You're a talented guy Ed... but please for the love of god... can we have the old Ed back shooting those amazing NY videos.