P+S Thechnik Announces 35-70mm Anamorphic Zoom

andy lee

P+S Thechnik  35-70mm Anamorphic Zoom

looks like the guts of this are a Leica 35-70mm zoom... very nice glass -

and 35-70mm is a great range to play with .....a serious piece of kit! 

http://www.pstechnik.de/tpl/download/Brochure_PS-Zoom35-70cs_1504_web.pdf?utm_source=CleverReach&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10-04-2015+NAB+2015+teaser+-+en&utm_content=Mailing_6180595

We are proud to present the first P+S Technik zoom lens at this year’s NAB Show in Las Vegas: the front anamorphic PS-Zoom 35-70 CS.

Anamorphic Zoom for CinemaScope on 16:9 or VistaVision

The PS-Zoom 35-70 CS is a front anamorphic zoom lens ideal for CinemaScope productions using a 16:9 and Vista Vision sensor format. It’s a powerful tool for creative people.

Highlights

• CinemaScope for 16:9
  • Front anamorphic lens
  • No breathing
  • VistaVision format covered

img_0692-0.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Looks great. Need something like this in m43 or e-mount.

​How about EF mount, so we can put it on a speed booster on M43 :)

I'd also like Image Stabilisation, half the weight (this monster is 2KG...) and a maximum price of $3000...

Looks interesting, I'm sure the price is out of my reach to own which means when I need to rent I'll rent primes...

​Exactly my thoughts, this guy says that their target audience is people that cant afford Cookes and Arris (i.e. 99% of the people) 

Basically we rent this kind of high end anamorphics right?

So unless they come up with a 3-5k lens i don't see the point of buying it when you can rent a better quality lens. 

i'd sooner shoot spherical and crop than this.  no anamorphic aesthetic what so ever.   not only that, but the anamorphic section appears to be delivering rather nasty degradations onto the image.  cropping a decent 2x image and losing sensor resolution is better than feeding the entire sensor with a crap image.

Yet another lens designed and manufactured without any care being taken to understand the reason why people want to shoot anamorphic.     

To me the issue is price given that it looks good, where is China when you need them?

​The Chinese, for whatever reason, are very poor at copying optics. I don't know why.

Yet another lens designed and manufactured without any care being taken to understand the reason why people want to shoot anamorphic.     

​This covers pretty much any of the recent pop ups out there. And who wants to shoot anamorphic, indoors, at f/8? What a useless test

1.45x squeeze is an interesting choice given that they are aiming for 16x9 sensors.  Almost identical to the old Iscorama, and will still require significant cropping to get from the resulting 2.6:1 down to 2.4:1 .

Also interesting is the 2-meter minimum focus.  Perhaps they will be developing a large diameter diopter as an accessory?