60p to 25p, keep every frame

gethin

THere must be a way to do this! I just want to get slow mo. I'm on a 25p timeline and I've been given 60p footage to incorporate. Its all silent.  I've dropped the 60p (59.94) into premiere and slowed it down 41.71%.  Seems a bit of a bodgy way to do it. Is there a better way?  (like in virtualdub? Ideally you could just hack the header info to change the time signature.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You mean you want to keep the motion information of every frame when not in slomo (i.e. when a time ramp starts at 100% speed)?

At first, you have to interpret the 60p footage as 25p footage (2,4 x slomo during playback in 25p timeline). Now if you speed up the stuff, there are several methods: frame skipping, frame blending and what Adobe calls pixel motion (method to be chosen in some contextual menu, don't work with Adobe much). With the latter, not every second and then addiotionally every fortieth frame are skipped, resulting in jerky playback, also the said "cut throughs" are not crossfaded, resulting in occasionally visible ghosting (but the method can look good, depending on the evenness of the movements). Instead, the whole motion within 60 frames is analyzed and completely new 24 frames are being interpolated. Though obviously the most advanced method, it works best with non-solid, organic motifs. If you follow someone on a bicycle, for example, the software may have problems to distinguish the stiff frame changing perspective ever so slightly from frame to frame from autonomous motion. It may look similar to rolling shutter. Allegedly there are some differences in quality to the Twixtor plugin, but all in all, the problem persists.

You should perform your own tests.

you choose the 60p footage on the library then go modify footage>interpret footage and change the 60p frames numbers by hand to 25

step by step here:

In the Project panel, right-click the desired clip.
Select Modify > Interpret Footage, and do one of the following:
Select Use Frame Rate From File,
Select Assume This Frame Rate, and type the number of frames per second.
Click OK.

then drag the clip to your timeline and its in slowmotion

ths is the most seamless way to do it

you choose the 60p footage on the library then go modify footage>interpret footage and change the 60p frames numbers by hand to 25

step by step here:

In the Project panel, right-click the desired clip.
Select Modify > Interpret Footage, and do one of the following:
Select Use Frame Rate From File,
Select Assume This Frame Rate, and type the number of frames per second.
Click OK.

then drag the clip to your timeline and its in slowmotion

ths is the most seamless way to do it

Thanks christina, Hurrah! I knew there must be a simple way to do this. :)
I think every time I've asked this before everyone has assumed that I wanted the best option for frameblending or pulldown (sorry axel) :)