Canon RF Mount Red Komodo Style Camera On the Way?

herein2020

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, jack jin said:

plus all of the iq advantage I've mentioned (High iso, DR etc.)

You do realise you are comparing a camera that hasn't come out yet to a camera that does not even exist lol.  Absurd as your comment is, one thing we do know for sure is that the footage coming from the a7siii is average. That is not something many would say about the recent komodo footage and the canon cine line in general. 

1 hour ago, jack jin said:

Well it still costs 400 dollars less even with all of these adapters, plus all of the iq advantage I've mentioned (High iso, DR etc.) Of course if you need a cube form factor the canon and komodo makes sense. But there seems to be a ton of people on this sub who dismisses the a7s3 based on the older bodies and their clunky menus. Sony has come a long way and they should honestly take this with a open mind.

Poor image quality cannot be ignored.   Hype, hype, hype all day long but the eye test says something different. 

2 hours ago, Yurolov said:

You do realise you are comparing a camera that hasn't come out yet to a camera that does not even exist lol.  Absurd as your comment is, one thing we do know for sure is that the footage coming from the a7siii is average. That is not something many would say about the recent komodo footage and the canon cine line in general. 

I am comparing to the canon, which is gonna use the same sensor as the c200, and you gotta try out the slog samples from the web to actually see how the a7s3's iq is man. Saying a camera's iq is thin just based on youtube videos is kinda pointless.

10 hours ago, crevice said:

The new C300 has 16 stops of dynamic range

Where did you get 16 from, Canon? I think it's the best camera Canon have released since the original C100 but usable DR is another thing. Arri sensor seems to have 14 or 15 usable depending on your tolerance for noise and they're top of the pile

This is gleaned from Cinema 5d with a SNR of 2.0

Alexa 14.0
C500MKII 13.1
A7SIII 13.0
C300MIII 12.8
E2-F6 12.8
FS7 12.7
S1H 12.7
UMP4.6 12.6
C300MKII 12.3
BMPCC6K 11.9
BMPCC4K 11.6
XT3 11.2
R5 10.9
GH5s 10.7
A7SII 10.6

C300 mk3 is pretty impressive still, hopefully the R5 gets Clog 3 for a slight improvememt or even clog2 to compete with Canon's cinema cameras but at the moment it is relatively low

This new rf mounts camera would hopefully get all flavours of clog too

7 hours ago, jack jin said:

Well it still costs 400 dollars less even with all of these adapters, plus all of the iq advantage I've mentioned (High iso, DR etc.) Of course if you need a cube form factor the canon and komodo makes sense. But there seems to be a ton of people on this sub who dismisses the a7s3 based on the older bodies and their clunky menus. Sony has come a long way and they should honestly take this with a open mind.

I get they have come a long way, but that doesn't mean I have to go buy one just to try it out. I don't change systems with every fad like some people seem to do, my motto is chase the technique don't chase the technology. It's crazy to me when I read someone switched from Canon to Sony to Panasonic and now are thinking about coming back to Canon.  I have exactly two systems, GH5 / MFT and Canon (C200 and 5DIV). If Canon gets their act together I'll be down to one system; Canon, so unless Canon goes bankrupt Sony will never be a part of the future for me.

Agree.

If you have the cash to explore all systems that's great. But in a frugal persons arsenal, story and craft matter so much more- if not for every filmmaker. I switched to Sony and got burnt and see no exponential improvement to their products in the areas that weren't good enough. I just had the feeling of being a beta tester for a 2nd version camera with the A7s II.

People considering this camera and Red komodo/zcam/kinefinity are definitely not in the same target market as a7siii. Ppl give 0 fucks to still capabilities.

No pointing preaching a7siii on this thread unless Sony paid you? Should be talking it on that big a7siii thread and stop changing this thread to another a7siii discussion