Advice on eBay anamorphic lens listing (No advertising)

Andrew Reid

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hey guys!

Finally I am getting close to making my first anamorphic set up.

BMPCC, set of russian lens that I'm still working on, Isco Animex 2x.

As some of those items are awaiting for shipment I decided to start looking for SLR Magic Rangefinder, and currently I have two offers.

One is brand new with focus marks, $600 with shipping. Second one is with no focus marks, used for $250.

I would get one without marks, but I can't seem to find any place that actually sells them, so I can't figure out where did the seller get it.

Also, he specifies that it can focus from close range to 'almost' infinity. Is there any info that those adapters without marks would not be able to focus as good as those with marks?

Thanks guys, appreciate your input. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ken said:

Any one knows about this lens, fixed focus.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/121900366906

The diopters are mounted on rear, why?

The black side is actually the back of the lens, so they are mounted at the front.

I thought this was an alternative design for the Iscomorphot 8/1.5, but there will be others here who know more precisely, Tito or Bold perhaps?

On 2/21/2016 at 8:04 PM, Timotheus said:

The black side is actually the back of the lens, so they are mounted at the front.

I thought this was an alternative design for the Iscomorphot 8/1.5, but there will be others here who know more precisely, Tito or Bold perhaps?

I have 2 of these lens.  Its very tiny.  I put it in front of a voigtlander 35mm and it covers the sensor of my GH3.

The first one I bought was not bad.  You only focus the taking lens.  Unfortunately I cracked the lens and I bought another one

2nd looks like shit and unusable.  I can't even see an image just a blur.  That's how bad it is

I have no idea why because they look almost identical.  

And those filters in the front.  I don't know what they are for.  They make the image blurry.

The only thing I thought it was good for was making the smallest anamorphic possible.  When I had them on a GF1 the entire camera could fit in coat pocket.  But that's it.  Its a novelty thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Andy Zou said:

What would you consider reasonable for the Isco?  The same user has two more red Isco's for about 420 each, is that odd?

IMO, the best lens is still KOWA 16H or re-branded lens.  ISCO integrated lens is not bad, except no flare.  But the red lens is also over priced now.  And also is the least flare one.  Usually you cannot tell the difference with golden lens.  The golden lenses at least have two type of coating.  One has more flare.  

I sold my red lens.  Its manual said "20% to 50% more light output"  means better multi coating, less flare.

redlens.jpgflare_compare.JPG