Jump to content
Emanuel

Blackmagic Pocket 4K media & power thread -- the best alternatives

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

This is an interesting solution. Vmount to dual npf pries with power meters and dtap.

Hot swappable external power that's pretty cheap to run all daylong.

https://www.amazon.de/Baxxtar-1837-2-V-Mount-Adapter-Ausgang/dp/B077VQ7PVL

Have one and works fine, but the F970 batteries are not hot swappable as they are internally connected in series. Disconnect one and the rig loses power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

Have one and works fine, but the F970 batteries are not hot swappable as they are internally connected in series. Disconnect one and the rig loses power.

Oh that sucks, kind of defeats the purpose of mounting two batteries for me. 

Do they both discharge at the same time too?

For example, if 2 batteries gave you 4 hours, could you run it for 2 hours, change 1 battery and still have 4 hours to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Oh that sucks, kind of defeats the purpose of mounting two batteries for me. 

Do they both discharge at the same time too?

For example, if 2 batteries gave you 4 hours, could you run it for 2 hours, change 1 battery and still have 4 hours to go?

They discharge at the same time as they are just connected in series to get the 14,4V needed (2x7,4V).
You should change them at the same time and only use equally charged (and same capacity) batteries together.

Guess the only advantage is that F970 batteries are cheaper than V-mount batteries and some people might have already lots of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

Guess the only advantage is that F970 batteries are cheaper than V-mount batteries and some people might have already lots of them.

Yeah, but even still, I think you'd be better off with one of the smaller sleds that take 1 battery. That way you can just have 3 on rotation and shoot all day long. 1 charging, 1 charged and 1 on the camera. Thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...