Feiyu Tech G6 PLUS Gimbal / Any opinions?

JackHorror

Hallo,

i am on budget and i am thinking of buying a Gimbal,

i saw the Feiyu tech G6 PLUS 240€ on ebay,

it max load is 800gramms so i believe it will be ok for my Panasonic GX85,

i haven't seen many videos on youtube, there are some chinese/polish/german reviews and few videos.

Does anyone here on EOSHD has that gimbal?

Thank you.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you’re really constrained budget-wise, the Feiyu footage looks okay with compact cameras.

However, it might be practicing false economy when you consider that for only $50 more, you can purchase a proven gimbal like the Zhiyun Crane in new condition that can handle double the payload for use with heavier lenses, or when you upgrade the camera. 

22 hours ago, jonpais said:

If you’re really constrained budget-wise, the Feiyu footage looks okay with compact cameras.

However, it might be practicing false economy when you consider that for only $50 more, you can purchase a proven gimbal like the Zhiyun Crane in new condition that can handle double the payload for use with heavier lenses, or when you upgrade the camera. 

Here's why Jon's here : ) This help and kind of contributions totally make this forum. Glad Andrew @Andrew Reid cut off the counterproductive (to all readers) and unfriendly downvote option :-)

@jonpais i cant buy from US due to customs service/tax etc will cost another 200-300€,

Feiyutech G6 Plus is available in Greece for 300€ and Dji Ronin S for 750€,

I just saw that there is a price drop on Feiyu Tech a1000 for 292€.

The cheapest Zhiyun is the Plus for 450€.

All those prices are here in Greece.

Maybe i will  buy Dji Ronin S with a credit card (hahaha), i havent decide yet. :(

49 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

You'll still be able to buy from us but just at that point we will be accepting payment in food, medicine and Levis.

Haha! Where is the "haha" icon! I hated the down vote, but the "thanks" and laughing one had some use!

Seriously thought, as someone that spend 5 wonderful years in UK studying and working, and still having plenty of friends there (Greeks, English and other nationalities), I hated the Brexit decision, I believe it weakens UK and Europe significantly, both in markets and geopolitical issues, but I am sure you will overcome it rather easily. Just it won't be the same again.

Some of my friends have moved to Scotland, Netherlands, Germany and other countries already, while there is a Big Brother-ish record of all non "natives"(??!!), even though most of my friends working at, or for Universities, and have spend a dozen or more years in the country, they are treated as potential unwanted persons.

For us with EU registered businesses, it is much easier and some times profitable to order from registered EU shops. Before Brexit I was buying 90-95% from UK stores, now the oppossite, and I have spend almost 20 good thousands of euros in equipment the last 2-3 years (imagine that I had finished "collecting" my extensive NX collection before that!), and I am a very small and insignificant customer, the loss must be already substantial.

• Super Members
8 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Haha! Where is the "haha" icon! I hated the down vote, but the "thanks" and laughing one had some use!

Seriously thought, as someone that spend 5 wonderful years in UK studying and working, and still having plenty of friends there (Greeks, English and other nationalities), I hated the Brexit decision, I believe it weakens UK and Europe significantly, both in markets and geopolitical issues, but I am sure you will overcome it rather easily. Just it won't be the same again.

Some of my friends have moved to Scotland, Netherlands, Germany and other countries already, while there is a Big Brother-ish record of all non "natives"(??!!), even though most of my friends working at, or for Universities, and have spend a dozen or more years in the country, they are treated as potential unwanted persons.

For us with EU registered businesses, it is much easier and some times profitable to order from registered EU shops. Before Brexit I was buying 90-95% from UK stores, now the oppossite, and I have spend almost 20 good thousands of euros in equipment the last 2-3 years (imagine that I had finished "collecting" my extensive NX collection before that!), and I am a very small and insignificant customer, the loss must be already substantial.

Its a complete calamity and to stay on topic the UK will need a very, very large gimbal to stabilise it again 

@BTM_Pix

Ronin S can do, especially with the 2 handed bar! 

It is really an overkill for my NX1+16-50S, the Crane 2 also. I am trying to down size, and every year we add more and more equipment to our shootings!

I will be expecting the next Crane generation, the original design is a bit outdated these days.

I considered getting a Feiyu Tech G6 PLUS Gimbal for my Sony RX100VI but for Start/Stop recording they use some convoluted idiotic unreliable WiFi/Bluetooth setup which is almost as idiotic as DJI who use an IR blaster. In contrast the Crane-M uses a wire to connect to the camera. There are no end of cheap wired & wireless controllers available for Sony so why both Feiyu & DJI made stupid design decisions is beyond me.

• 1 year later...

I bought my FeiyuTech g6 plus on eglobal for €170 brand new including free shipping from the UK. It works perfectly with my Lumix g7 and gx80. I use an older mobile phone without a sim to connect the camera with the gimbal and I can control the camera from the gimbal. Not the zoom because I don't use power zoom lenses but record and focus works perfectly. I started using an ipad with the lumix app to control and monitor the camera instead of the gimbal which works even better. I can still use the phone to control the gimbal movements. The total remote solution... 

5 hours ago, Bru Nosta said:

I bought my FeiyuTech g6 plus on eglobal for €170 brand new including free shipping from the UK. It works perfectly with my Lumix g7 and gx80. I use an older mobile phone without a sim to connect the camera with the gimbal and I can control the camera from the gimbal. Not the zoom because I don't use power zoom lenses but record and focus works perfectly. I started using an ipad with the lumix app to control and monitor the camera instead of the gimbal which works even better. I can still use the phone to control the gimbal movements. The total remote solution... 

You need the phone to conect the gimbal with the camera every time, or was just needed to the initial setup?