Help My Tokina 11-16mm will not work with my GH5 and Metabone

chadandreo

Hi,

I am currently having a major issue with the combination of my GH5, Metabone .64x and Tokina 11-16mm. For some reason, the lens will only macro focus no matter what setting I use in manual and autofocus. I have been running this setup for over 3 years with a GH4 and GH5 with no issues until today.

I have tested the camera with other lenses on the Metabone and they work fine and I have tested the Tokina on a Canon APS-C camera, and that also works as normal.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue ASAP since this is my only wide lens for my GH5.

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That is very weird that you're having this problem even in manual focus?! As that should override everything else but your direct changes on the lens, so if manual focus was broken I'd expect it would be broken on the DSLR as well and not just the GH5

8 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Did you drop it, or hit it on something??

Not that I know of. I used it at my house to show someone who is interested adding a gimbal to their arsenal and it worked as usual. The next day, I grabbed the same rig, which was still completely setup and when I tried to shoot, I noticed the issue. 

Edit: I just did a test with my 24L and im having the same issue. 

Check the pins.  One of mine was bent, and now stuck completely down.  I emailed them on the weekend but they still haven't got back to me.

I'm getting the viltrox since the optical quality is apparently the same as metabones, not sure if the focusing will be as "good".