Olympus new, compact and affordable 4K camera

Mattias Burling

• Super Members

https://www.43rumors.com/new-olympus-e-pl9-officially-announced/

Ive been very close to buying the PL8 or an omd E-M10ii to use as a small crash cam and for street shooting with vintage glass. As well as some family video.

I was waiting because perhaps the E-M10iii would get 4k as well. Not for resolution but to combat the moire. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

But this is interesting. It will probably drop in price like the pl8 or get a good early discount.

Its definitely on my radar.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
50 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Also there is the Fuji X-A5 with phase-detect AF and 4K with the film simulation profiles

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_a5/

£500 in the uk

The Olympus looks better handling though, especially with IBIS (although only 3 axis?)

4K if you like 15fps! Lol

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

I was waiting because perhaps the E-M10iii would get 4k as well. Not for resolution but to combat the moire. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Hey Mattias, the pretty EM10iii does provide 4K (UHD). Oly EPL9 costs 150EU more than a GX85, with the same core features, it has a better grip but worse button layout. GX85 has two very nice wheels, EPL9 has the fiddley and rather unappealing ePl thingy wheel at the back. EM10iii would be more appealing to me for the same price.

• Super Members
8 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

EM10iii does provide 4K (UHD). EPL9 cost 150EU more than a GX85, with same core features, it has a better grip but worse button layout. GX85 has two wheels, EPL9 has the fiddley PenPl thingy wheel at the back. EM10iii would be more appealing to me for the same price.

How about that, totally missed it :)

Still, good thing I waited since I still might prefer the Pen. Will have to try both.

Ive already had a GX85. Wont go down that road again. Personally prefered the GX7.

@Mattias BurlingI´m seeing beautiful ep5 cameras floating around, some for 200EU for the body. for a m43 photo camera it doesnt get much more beautiful than that. I imagine your appreciation for that camera is unbroken. For street and portrait session it might become my new fav once purchased. GX8 has an awesome body to hold, but not close as pretty. GX7 felt a bit to short in height for really comfortable holding. GX85 beautiful to touch and look at but grip to small and a bit too short. Still got my GF1, ep2, epl1 cams. The GF1 and the ep2 have a warm spot still in my photogs heart.

• Super Members
4 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

@Mattias BurlingI´m seeing beautiful ep5 cameras floating around, some for 200EU for the body. for a m43 photo camera it doesnt get much more beautiful than that. I imagine your appreciation for that camera is unbroken.

It is one of my all time favorites. Olympus really have reduced their quality since. Between the E-P5 and Pen-F I would choose the E-P5 any day.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

It is one of my all time favorites. Olympus really have reduced their quality since. Between the E-P5 and Pen-F I would choose the E-P5 any day.

EM5II was lovely quality esp. with the power grip, superb build quality for the price. I think an E-M5 III, with a few newer features than E-M1 II would be a HUGE success.

• Super Members
7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

EM5II was lovely quality esp. with the power grip, superb build quality for the price. I think an E-M5 III, with a few newer features than E-M1 II would be a HUGE success.

Yes, the 5-series feels really nice. I had the mark1. An E-M5iii would definitely be interesting and should be announced this year if Im not mistaken.

16 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Had the PEN-F for about a month, it looked great and the JPG film profiles were fun, but that's where the compliments end. . .