Kelly

Hi there,

I just uploaded the final teaser trailer to my short film based on the Australian novelist Greg Egan short story of the same name: Axiomatic teaser_3

Thanks to @mercer for his suggestions on the edit for it. I've love any forum readers and indie film fans to check it out and let me know what they think. The full short will premier online next week so stay tuned if you'd like to know more.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

i will stay tuned, @Kelly!

looks fantastic!! very cinematic

im shooting a 5d3 raw ml short film soon myself – any tips???? lol i know there are many, but what jumps out after making this film?

again, looks awesome, my only suggestion is that the initial typography could use some work

looking forward to seeing more!!! great work!!!!

9 hours ago, kaylee said:

i will stay tuned, @Kelly!

looks fantastic!! very cinematic

im shooting a 5d3 raw ml short film soon myself – any tips???? lol i know there are many, but what jumps out after making this film?

again, looks awesome, my only suggestion is that the initial typography could use some work

looking forward to seeing more!!! great work!!!!

@kaylee  thanks very much :-)

I'm not much of a AE or graphics person so I just quickly hacked the titles together in final cut but definitely they could be better. I could type out a huge volume of tips but its hard to say what would be useful or pertinent to what you're shooting, so are some thoughts:

- pre-visualize, pre-visualize, pre-visualize and then pre-visualize again. Is what you're shooting going to actually say what it needs to say?

- do tons of camera/lens/high ISO/over-under exposure/camera movement and grading tests on everything at every location and come up with solutions to everything that can and will go wrong prior to production

- treat the whole camera side of things as if you were shooting on actual film, 64GB card = 10-12min footage (without ML compression) or a 400' 16mm magazine, and economize where you can

- rather than doing the traditional wide-med-close coverage can you say everything from a single set-up giving your actors or crew more time on an important scene later in the day?

- come up with a rock solid shot list and have some storyboarded still photos from your camera tests in a directors binder to work from, giving you the bare minimum needed to tell your story, making you efficient with everyone's time and if there's any extra space available or anything your actors would like to try you might actually be able to do it

- having a Thunderbolt CF card reader to daisy chained Thunderbolt external hard drives onset was essential at the DIT station for me as there was no 10bit/12bit compression option when I shot Axiomatic, 64GB cards download in 8min via Thunderbolt - remarkable!!!!

- even though you'll be stressed out try to have fun, remember to smile and thank everyone for being on your set:grin: