Samsung NX Speed Booster

lucabutera

On 1/23/2017 at 7:23 AM, bzdingo said:

Good evening everyone,
Love the NX1, a shame that there is no more support, but you got to do the most with what you got.  I was wondering can this adapter work for Nikon lens or is it just Canon? I just bought a tamron g2 150-600 lens and I just use an Nikon adapter for it.  Would this improve the pictures?  I would love to get this adapter eventually.  God bless  

Just need to use a Nikon to Canon adapter with it and you can use Nikon lenses.  Of course some of the newer Nikons have the same annoyance as the Canon EF lenses in that aperture is controlled electronically, but if I recall correctly Nikon lenses will have the aperture closed all the way in that case while the Canon lenses are a somewhat more workable wide open in that situation.  For Canon lenses you can use a trick to get the aperture you want if you also have a Canon body, what you do is to put the lens on the body, set the aperture you want with the camera on, hold down the DOF preview button and remove the lens from the camera while it is on (do make sure IS/OS/OIS/etc.. is off for this, I haven't heard of damage from this but all the lens instruction manuals warn about removing or putting on the lens with this on), that aperture will then stay set until put back on another Canon body. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

On 26/1/2017 at 2:04 PM, ttbek said:

Just need to use a Nikon to Canon adapter with it and you can use Nikon lenses.  Of course some of the newer Nikons have the same annoyance as the Canon EF lenses in that aperture is controlled electronically, but if I recall correctly Nikon lenses will have the aperture closed all the way in that case while the Canon lenses are a somewhat more workable wide open in that situation.  For Canon lenses you can use a trick to get the aperture you want if you also have a Canon body, what you do is to put the lens on the body, set the aperture you want with the camera on, hold down the DOF preview button and remove the lens from the camera while it is on (do make sure IS/OS/OIS/etc.. is off for this, I haven't heard of damage from this but all the lens instruction manuals warn about removing or putting on the lens with this on), that aperture will then stay set until put back on another Canon body. 

Hello ttbek, I solved the vignetting problem, do you need upgrade your NXL adapter to v.2 to use it with telephoto?

Can anyone confirm in what focal length the vignetting appears? Will the NXL v2 would have any other difference?

A discounted NXLv1 would probably be of interest for us that do not need extreme tele focal lengths (even though I would like to see my 125 and 200mm FD lenses on my NX!), or an EF-S capable active adapter, I am not mad about the full frame look at all, but I would like to use EF(-S) lenses.

Dear Luca,
I do appreciate tremendous amount of work you've done by creating NXL!!!

As far as part of NXL adapter dive deep into NX1 body, I appreciate your comment on PhotoMode-MechanicalShutter compatibility.

I had experience with BMPC>>GH4  MetaboneSpeedBooster, and it was limited to VideoMode only, caused by part of the adapter diving into GH4 body. Accidental press of Photo-Release button, which enables Mechanical Shutter >> destroys Mechanical Shutter of the camera.

As far as can see, NX1 Mechanical Shutter mounted really deep into the NX1 body, straight before the Sensor. I assume there is no risk of damaging NX1 Mechanical Shutter with NXL mounted. But I appreciate if you confirm that mounted NXL does not affect Mechanical Shutter performance.
Thanks.

18 minutes ago, IKSLIM said:

Dear Luca,
I do appreciate tremendous amount of work you've done by creating NXL!!!

As far as part of NXL adapter dive deep into NX1 body, I appreciate your comment on PhotoMode-MechanicalShutter compatibility.

I had experience with BMPC>>GH4  MetaboneSpeedBooster, and it was limited to VideoMode only, caused by part of the adapter diving into GH4 body. Accidental press of Photo-Release button, which enables Mechanical Shutter >> destroys Mechanical Shutter of the camera.

As far as can see, NX1 Mechanical Shutter mounted really deep into the NX1 body, straight before the Sensor. I assume there is no risk of damaging NX1 Mechanical Shutter with NXL mounted. But I appreciate if you confirm that mounted NXL does not affect Mechanical Shutter performance.
Thanks.

Dear Iksim, no risk of damage to the camera with NXL, rather it protects the sensor from dust when changing lens outdoors.

1 hour ago, IKSLIM said:

Dear Luca, how many sponsors do you consider with current NXL-funding? Today you have 10 sponsors and 20 days due. I appreciate your comment on max number of Sponsors and NXL-Items you are considering to create. Thanks.

Hello Ikslim, I build them in sets of 10 pieces at a time.
Next week I will send the first 10 already sold, for the next production will have to wait a month, but it will have some constructive improvements and also the predisposition for electrical controls.

Best

Luca

19 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Next week I will send the first 10 already sold,

Luca

Do you mean the very first sold from September? How many items you've created and sent already? Please, you have to understand us, we are investing without any guarantee and obligations.

21 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Hello Ikslim, I build them in sets of 10 pieces at a time.
Next week I will send the first 10 already sold, for the next production will have to wait a month, but it will have some constructive improvements and also the predisposition for electrical controls.

Best

Luca

Hey Luca, you've sabotaged yourself :P  I'm holding out for the electronics now that I know they're coming.  Even if there isn't AF working yet, at least so I can attach my chip in between without trying to machine my own holes or something.  You've probably leapfrogged me by a lot on the electronic control, but if there's anything I can do to help let me know. 

2 hours ago, IKSLIM said:

Do you mean the very first sold from September? How many items you've created and sent already? Please, you have to understand us, we are investing without any guarantee and obligations.

No. I've sent all NXL sold in 2016.
In approximately one week, I will ship the first eleven sold in 2017.

Best

1 hour ago, ttbek said:

Hey Luca, you've sabotaged yourself :P  I'm holding out for the electronics now that I know they're coming.  Even if there isn't AF working yet, at least so I can attach my chip in between without trying to machine my own holes or something.  You've probably leapfrogged me by a lot on the electronic control, but if there's anything I can do to help let me know. 

Hello ttbek, how are you?

You must keep up to date, if you come on the forum every month you will always find new surprises.

The next series will predisposition of electrical contacts.

I will make a version NXL mute and a version with electronic controls.

Currently, for practical reasons, it is being tested, the Aputure Dec control that allows:

1) iris control Canon lenses;
2) Stabilizer Canon lenses;
3) WiFi Control focus;
4) recording 2 subjects for quick changes of focus.

Currently I started the study of a smart autofocus system, but this will take a little time.

How can you help me? Been programming? You want to finance my project? Or both?

P.S. If you ship me the NXL I can update it for telephoto compatibility.

5 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Hello ttbek, how are you?

P.S. If you ship me the NXL I can update it for telephoto compatibility.

In order to support Luca's development, i'd be happy to purchase NXL.v1 from ttbek. Please PM me if you find my attempt attractive. Thanks.