Jump to content
kidzrevil

Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Vasile,

Thank you so much for the wonderful work! I've just installed your no-wakeup mod and 5.1 patch. It all work flowlessly! I have two question wish you can help me to understand: 

1. What is the stable highest bit rate for UHD 25p/30p and FHD 120p that you recommend? I'm using the lexar 2000x 64G card. 

2. Is that a way to make focus mode stay in Manual mode by default? (or with a possible futuremod) It's very annoying to have the mode swithed in auto by default when I'm using Samsung lens e.g the 30mm and 16mm lenses which don't have a MF switch:(  

Your input will be much appreciated!!

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, classicam said:

Hi Vasile,

Thank you so much for the wonderful work! I've just installed your no-wakeup mod and 5.1 patch. It all work flowlessly! I have two question wish you can help me to understand: 

1. What is the stable highest bit rate for UHD 25p/30p and FHD 120p that you recommend? I'm using the lexar 2000x 64G card. 

2. Is that a way to make focus mode stay in Manual mode by default? (or with a possible futuremod) It's very annoying to have the mode swithed in auto by default when I'm using Samsung lens e.g the 30mm and 16mm lenses which don't have a MF switch:(  

Your input will be much appreciated!!

Thanks again!

1. no idea, you should experiment with your card

2. this will require deep interference with di-camera-app. Basically I would need to zombify di-camera-app and make it play my tune. Possible and I am working towards that because I would like to achieve a better BBAF which requires the same type of interference.

But definitely not short term and may not even be achievable. NB. This is not a promise and you did not see any time frame above, did you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vasile said:

1. no idea, you should experiment with your card

2. this will require deep interference with di-camera-app. Basically I would need to zombify di-camera-app and make it play my tune. Possible and I am working towards that because I would like to achieve a better BBAF which requires the same type of interference.

But definitely not short term and may not even be achievable. NB. This is not a promise and you did not see any time frame above, did you?

Thanks for the input. You work is greatly appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, vaga said:

@vasile how is the progress on integrating things into Samsung's menu itself?

Short answer: no progress. This will take a long time and I am trying to do things with a lot more impact first.

You should check this from time to time - I keep it up to date, and you will save some time by just checking it.

rgds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vasile said:

Short answer: no progress. This will take a long time and I am trying to do things with a lot more impact first.

You should check this from time to time - I keep it up to date, and you will save some time by just checking it.

rgds

thanks for this Vasile !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks, I've lost my bookmarks - what's the link for Vasile's latest version of the high bit-rate hack for the NX1 for firmware 1.40?
Or has that been abandoned in favor of the firmware 1.41 update. Last I checked in it still wasn't allowing the higher bit-rate hacks.

What's our latest and greatest for specifically high bit-rates?

THANKS!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16. 6. 2016 at 0:20 AM, vasile said:

I have installed version 5.2 on my NX1. Thank you very much Vasile! There are now slots for Normal bitrates so no I can use different bitrate setup for timelapse (eg. 320 Mbps), 4k30p (180), 1080p60 (150), 120fps (100-110Mbps),...

Also activation of GUI via luminance button is great choice... I really do not see any downsides now!

I am wondering what will come next... silent shutter on NX1 would be great ( I know it is very complicated - I saw your post to Marco od dpreview).

However this already outperformed what I have ever expected from whole NX1/NX500 hacking project - custom bitrate settings for each resolution which runs without any waiting and so smooth... BIG THANKS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DPStewart said:

Hey folks, I've lost my bookmarks - what's the link for Vasile's latest version of the high bit-rate hack for the NX1 for firmware 1.40?
Or has that been abandoned in favor of the firmware 1.41 update. Last I checked in it still wasn't allowing the higher bit-rate hacks.

What's our latest and greatest for specifically high bit-rates?

THANKS!

 

You can use Kino Seed hack or Vasile's. Vasile is mainly focus on bitrates and biggest benefit is that it is loaded instantly without any waiting and camera behaves like without hack (but you can change bitrates in camera and they will survive even cold boots if you make them defaults - can be done in GUI).

bitrate patch itself

https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500_nx1_modding/tree/master/video-bitrate-mods/nx-patch

to make it work you have to install nx-on-wake which is only complicated and (to be honest) dangerous part of whole process.

https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500_nx1_modding/tree/master/nx-on-wake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pavel Mašek said:

You can use Kino Seed hack or Vasile's. Vasile is mainly focus on bitrates and biggest benefit is that it is loaded instantly without any waiting and camera behaves like without hack (but you can change bitrates in camera and they will survive even cold boots if you make them defaults - can be done in GUI).

bitrate patch itself

https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500_nx1_modding/tree/master/video-bitrate-mods/nx-patch

to make it work you have to install nx-on-wake which is only complicated and (to be honest) dangerous part of whole process.

https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500_nx1_modding/tree/master/nx-on-wake

Thanks mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...