Jump to content

Petition for Samsung NX1 hack


kidzrevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Pavel Mašek said:

I have just ordered this 2000x Lexar card (64GB) - I hope  there will be some benefit over Extereme PRO 95MB/s ( maybe in even higher bitrates thanks to Vasile's hack). BTW I think quite good deal for EU based users

Thanks mate, I was looking for UHD-II but this deal is just a steal imao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marco Tecno said:

I paid almost 100€ for it, 6 months ago. So indeed that's a steal. You'll notice a great increase in responsiveness.

Now I just gotta hope its real and not fake, I already own 3 x 64GB 600x cards and one 128GB 600x, the 128GB 2000x one costs a bloody small fortune

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pavel Mašek said:

MB (megabytes) and not same as Mb (megabits = usual unit for bitrate). 170MB/s (megabytes per second) are 1360Mb/s (megabits per second)... so it is completely different level of bitrate.

Vasile hack provides +100Mb/s ( I do not want to brake his request about "not mention" bitrate :-)) so it is higher than default bitrate but still much lower than 170 MBps/1360 Mbps.

Your calculation is correct, but this my mastake makes it even more exceptional the processing power of the samsung nx1.
My experiment done with Samsung nx1 + Sd card GOBE 64GB 95MB / S read.
Test 1, 15fps- raw28 + jpeg super fine (40MB for both), buffer full, and camera stop after 131 files (600MB/s continuos shooting for almost nine seconds).
Test 2, 15fps, super fine Jpeg, 6480x4320, 143Mb / S, never full buffer, camera continuos shooting without stopping.
Test 3, 15fps, super fine Jpeg, 4682x2592, 62MB / S, 16: 9 aspect ratio, camera never full buffer, continuous shooting without stopping.
This test is proof that the system software and hardware of the camera are capable of internally recording unbelevable 143MB/s (with possible peaks of 600MB/s) and can shoot 30fps at 4682x2592 jpeg format super fine (124MB/s) without any problems!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SMGJohn said:

Now I just gotta hope its real and not fake, I already own 3 x 64GB 600x cards and one 128GB 600x, the 128GB 2000x one costs a bloody small fortune

Just testet (with the tool in Dev mode) in Camera:

Transcend SDXC 64GB UHD-I:

Read: 68.571 KB/s

Write: 37.873 KB/s

 

Lexar SDXC 64GB UHD-II:

Read: 88.619 KB/s 

Write: 68.374 KB/s

WP_20160323_15_25_32_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20160323_15_22_33_Pro_LI.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, derderimmermuedeist said:

As i wrote above, i use the Samsung tool in the DEV-mode

I understand - very useful feature in NX1, I wil ltry it.  But check also lucabutera test number 2: "15fps, super fine Jpeg, 6480x4320, 143Mb / S, never full buffer, camera continuos shooting without stopping."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, RieGo said:

seems like that com.samsung.di-camera-app is something like the complete gui of the camera. at least it contains all icons and images.

so i'm currently taking a really close look at it as well :grin:

too bad it's a compiled binary... :anguished:

 Actually, the user interface itself is stored in .edj files (like nx_style.edj) and can be extracted with edje_decc tool (but nx_style contains config.h file that lies outside of the allowed root directory so the decompiler exits). UI is a mix of images (icons, backgrounds, etc) and .edc files that are textual and describe the actual layout of the UI as well as the logic contained within (can contain even lua programs). Di-camera-app services signals from edje ui. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Otto K said:

 Actually, the user interface itself is stored in .edj files (like nx_style.edj) and can be extracted with edje_decc tool (but nx_style contains config.h file that lies outside of the allowed root directory so the decompiler exits). UI is a mix of images (icons, backgrounds, etc) and .edc files that are textual and describe the actual layout of the UI as well as the logic contained within (can contain even lua programs). Di-camera-app services signals from edje ui. 

that's interesting! i didn't take a look at the edj files yet. i was just about to decompile the binary.

i see there is still a lot to explore...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, derderimmermuedeist said:

Lexar SDXC 64GB UHD-II:

Read: 88.619 KB/s 

Write: 68.374 KB/s

That UHS-II card should be WAY faster than that.  It looks like the camera write speed will be the limiting factor.  Still, 68MB/s should be enough for 500 mbps.  

The bigger concern is that Vasile got a "Card Too Slow" error message with one of the fastest UHS-I cards available.  Even if his card would write at only 37MB/s like the Transcend one above, it should have been able to handle up to 200mbps and he said he received the error message at anything above ~95mbps.  Maybe UHS-II cards will double this amount, but it looks like UHS-I cards will see very minimal gain from this hack. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nougat said:

That UHS-II card should be WAY faster than that.  It looks like the camera write speed will be the limiting factor.  Still, 68MB/s should be enough for 500 mbps.  

The bigger concern is that Vasile got a "Card Too Slow" error message with one of the fastest UHS-I cards available.  Even if his card would write at only 37MB/s like the Transcend one above, it should have been able to handle up to 200mbps and he said he received the error message at anything above ~95mbps.  Maybe UHS-II cards will double this amount, but it looks like UHS-I cards will see very minimal gain from this hack. 

True. At least all it would take to enjoy these higher bitrates is to buy these cards which will most certainly get cheaper 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

 

Blackmagic does it again, amazing image quality out of the camera in good lightning but fails in everything else.

Give the NX1 high bitrate HEVC or MJPEG and it will destroy the Ursa Mini in everything but global shutter but I rather have better low light than no rolling shutter imao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SMGJohn said:

Blackmagic does it again, amazing image quality out of the camera in good lightning but fails in everything else.

Give the NX1 high bitrate HEVC or MJPEG and it will destroy the Ursa Mini in everything but global shutter but I rather have better low light than no rolling shutter imao.

Im considering getting an URSA mini (and I now have an NX1), because it has RAW, 10 bit color,12 stops DR, 4k 60fps and the amazing global shutter...thats enough to keep them both on a separate league IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, SMGJohn said:

Blackmagic does it again, amazing image quality out of the camera in good lightning but fails in everything else.

Give the NX1 high bitrate HEVC or MJPEG and it will destroy the Ursa Mini in everything but global shutter but I rather have better low light than no rolling shutter imao.

I think the low light issue can be solved if we figure out how to turn off most of the in camera processing. I think the samsung adaptive noise reduction is the reason to blame for the drop off in performance at 3200

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...