Your ideal NX1 Settings

Geoff CB

On 7/8/2017 at 6:39 AM, Julian Reichert said:

Hi, I´m a young DoP in Asuncion, Paraguay. I have done many tests with the NX1 and have been using it for many commercials and resently for the feature film „Saber Crecer“ (To Grow).

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iQ3mQI9CA

This film has been shot entirely on my NX1 (except the drone shots) using the bitrate mod (160 Mbit/s) and the NXL speedbooster by Luca.

Please let me know what you think :)

Nice julian! some nice clean shots there. good luck with the movie!

Note the dialogue of actors in the trailer is very low volume, maybe check that.

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi guys! New user here from Italy. Next week, after many thoughts, I'm going to have the NX1 and I'm pretty excited. This forum was critical to my final decision and I have to thank you for all the opinions and settings that you've posted through all these years about this amazing camera.

I've just found a short movie from Vimeo filmed with the NX1 and I think it looks great (sadly I don't know the author's settings).

On 7/26/2017 at 6:00 AM, erre said:

Hi guys! New user here from Italy. Next week, after many thoughts, I'm going to have the NX1 and I'm pretty excited. This forum was critical to my final decision and I have to thank you for all the opinions and settings that you've posted through all these years about this amazing camera.

I've just found a short movie from Vimeo filmed with the NX1 and I think it looks great (sadly I don't know the author's settings).

It does look great! Looks like Gamma DR and they probably used FilmConvert in post with some sort of LUT applied as well.

Hi!

I just got the NX1 + 16-50mm F2.0. I have read around 20 pages of this thread. But i can't really get my head around what settings to use.

So what are the best settings/gamma for non to minor color grading(Luts/tweaking curves)? 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated my settings. Colors are more in balanced now, but I am still experimenting/testing these. My main interest are skin tones so other colors are what they are. I might still try to find my optimal, general usage, straight from the camera settings and post here if find better. Here are some examples of these settings. These settings work best in Daylight whitebalance.

red 0,98, green 0,97, blue 1,00, sat +0, contrast 0, sharpening -6, hue +9, 16-235, normal gamma

SAM_0425.MP4_snapshot_00.02_[2017.08.10_21.27.41].jpg

SAM_0438.MP4_snapshot_00.10_[2017.08.10_21.16.38].jpg

SAM_0459.MP4_snapshot_00.08_[2017.08.10_21.18.33].jpg

SAM_0459.MP4_snapshot_00.21_[2017.08.10_21.22.47].jpg

• 2 months later...
On 10.8.2017 at 9:45 PM, BopBill said:

I have updated my settings. Colors are more in balanced now, but I am still experimenting/testing these. My main interest are skin tones so other colors are what they are. I might still try to find my optimal, general usage, straight from the camera settings and post here if find better. Here are some examples of these settings. These settings work best in Daylight whitebalance.

red 0,98, green 0,97, blue 1,00, sat +0, contrast 0, sharpening -6, hue +9, 16-235, normal gamma

Updating hue to +3, because I found that W10 boost red color in it's movieplayer with NX1 HEVC files ??, which I have used. If look the files with Resolve 14 or Vegas 14 or mpc-hc the color are less saturated with red color. Don't know if this changed when I changed GPU from AMD to Nvidia. Or if it has been all the time so.

So if anyone is experimenting with these setting, they are now:

red 0,98, green 0,97, blue 1,00, sat +0, contrast 0, sharpening -6, hue +3, 16-235, normal gamma

Result is less green cast in the picture and hopefully little less pink color in skin tones. Still experimenting...

• 4 months later...

Hi guys! This is a video I made last August in Thailand. It is almost entirely shot with the Samsung NX1 plus Samsung 16mm, 20mm and Canon 50mm 1.8.
I used a lut from the Vellichor pack (awesome luts).
I'm pretty satisfied with the result. Hope you gonna like it.

• 1 month later...