Sign in to follow this  
Tjoes

Avid workflow for DNG files

Hi,

I'am new to the DNG file format. Is there anyone who can explain me the best way to import the footage in Resolve 9.
I only have Avid 6 and Resolve 9 on my computer.
I suppose you can't import the files in Avid without first making proxys of it, but how can i make proxy's if avid can't read DNG.
Thx,

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By andrew berekdar
      Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera for sale, with a Smallrig cage and handle, battery and a Rokinon 12mm f2 lens.
      Camera used twice and in immaculate condition (still boxed).
      £900
      London collection

• By Elliot M
      Hi all,
      Hoping someone can help with this edit workflow question:
      I currently shoot video on Canon DSLRs (in H264 MOV format), and edit on a late 2009 iMac (2.8ghz i7 processor, 16gb memory).
      The films I make are mainly for web rather than TV broadcast, and beyond basic colour grade / tidying up, have minimal effects added (no CGI).
      Until recently, I used Final Cut Pro 7, using FCP's Log & Transfer function to import and edit footage in Pro Res 422 format.
      Having just moved to Premiere Pro CC 2017, I'm trying to figure out the most efficient workflow with the best resulting image.
      Should I import and edit in native H264 MOV? Or ingest and edit as either Pro Res or DNxHD?
      If Pro Res or DNxHD, what's the best way to ingest (or import / transcode)?
      I've been reading mixed things via Google; mainly Adobe-related articles explaining a native workflow, vs various articles sponsored by transcoding software companies, saying that transcoding will have a better result.
      Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
      Thanks!
      Elliot
    • By Alexasolo
      Magic Lantern RAW 14bit video.
      Graded in Davinci Resolve.
      Mostly 6D, very few shots on 5D3.
      Thanks for watching,
      Alex

• By cjhollywood
      HELP! MPEG Streamclip won't touch it, Final Cut Pro 7 won't think about it... how can I convert my Panasonic GH4-created 96fps mp4 files to work within the FCP7 environment? Thank you all so much for any insights you can provide!
    • By Vitchub
      Hi guys! I'm an anamorphic newbie and just bought the SLR Magic Anamorphot. I'm planning on using it with my BMCC, BMPCC and also for timelapse shooting with my Canon 5D Mark II.

I would like to know the details on how to stretch images and setup the correct aspect/pixel ratio on AE CS6.
      My normal workflow for timelapse editing is as follows:

Shoot RAW images with Canon 5DII
      Deflicker on LRTimelapse
      Color correct on Adobe Camera RAW
      Import to Adobe After Effects CS6 to reframe, pan, zoom
      Export Pro Res HQ 1920x1080
      Edit on FCP7

I would like to take full advantage of the 5D full frame and stills aspect ratio and output 2.5k and Full HD (horizontally) footage. I will probably edit the timelapses directly on Adobe After Effects.

Thanks in advance for your help!