Dilemma between Panasonic Primes

dreams2movies

Hey guys and fellow GH2 owners.. I'm trying to decide between the Pancake 20mm F1.7 or the Leica 25mm F1.4...

I know right, I don't owner either of these two lovely lens.. I may end up getting both in the end, but because have to buy one at a time, I ned to choose between them..

I'm slightly leaning towards the 25mm Leica, because of it's name, the nano lens that 20mm does not have, and F1.4 vs. F1.7...

However SO many more people own the 20mm F1.7 and it may be because its cheaper.. at about $356 vs. $500...

Any one have some nice photo shots of the 25mm leica and 20mm pancake? Would like to compare them through images..

Also the Panasonic Fisheye is a bit expensive, and the Panasonic 14mm F2.5 Prime pancake looks nice, wish the aperture was bigger.. I would get the Noktor 12mm T1.6 before the 14mm.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I've used both lenses. Remember that pancake lenses are sharp and good for still shots. They are terrible for AF video motion shots. The 25mm Leica is much better for video, but it isn't without drawbacks. AF for anything under F2.0 is challenging, and it will hunt a lot. And if you're doing manual focus, the focus ring on the 25mm is way better. Trying to do manual focus on a pancake is impossible with a follow focus, don't know how you'd get the gears on it. However if you're doing still shots, the pancake lenses are great value for the money. And they are tiny. Good luck with your decision!

[quote name='dreams2movies' timestamp='1344500192' post='15176']
Hey guys and fellow GH2 owners.. I'm trying to decide between the Pancake 20mm F1.7 or the Leica 25mm F1.4...

I know right, I don't owner either of these two lovely lens.. I may end up getting both in the end, but because have to buy one at a time, I ned to choose between them..

I'm slightly leaning towards the 25mm Leica, because of it's name, the nano lens that 20mm does not have, and F1.4 vs. F1.7...

However SO many more people own the 20mm F1.7 and it may be because its cheaper.. at about $356 vs. $500...

Any one have some nice photo shots of the 25mm leica and 20mm pancake? Would like to compare them through images..

Also the Panasonic Fisheye is a bit expensive, and the Panasonic 14mm F2.5 Prime pancake looks nice, wish the aperture was bigger.. I would get the Noktor 12mm T1.6 before the 14mm.
[/quote]

You're only looking at a difference of $144 according to your prices.
The question i always ask is how much more am i getting or bang4buck with the extra difference in price '$144'.
Imo, you get quite a bit more with the Leica.

@nahua: Excellent points.