GH5 test footage - Post it here!

64mulford

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 4/7/2017 at 6:46 PM, hyalinejim said:

A pro colourist worked on this 10bit VLog

No offense meant to you personally, but the more people throw over the top teal & orange grade to everything, the more I f..king hate it. For me this video looks great in terms of image quality but its ruined with that grade.

17 minutes ago, sudopera said:

No offense meant to you personally, but the more people throw over the top teal & orange grade to everything, the more I f..king hate it. For me this video looks great in terms of image quality but its ruined with that grade.

It's not just personal preference. In the shots where the buildings and signs have highly saturated teal greens or other colors, I find myself looking at them instead of at the people. In the fire thrower shot, I find myself staring at the orange pipe in the street behind him rather than at the subject. And in the pictures of people crossing the bridge or whatever, instead of looking at the pedestrians, I'm staring at the over-manipulated clouds in the sky.

13 minutes ago, jonpais said:

It's not just personal preference. In the shots where the buildings and signs have highly saturated teal greens or other colors, I find myself looking at them instead of at the people. In the fire thrower shot, I find myself staring at the orange pipe in the street behind him rather than at the subject. And in the pictures of people crossing the bridge or whatever, instead of looking at the pedestrians, I'm staring at the over-manipulated clouds in the sky.

Couldn't agree more... I don't think that T&O grading techniques are bad in general, but IMO the magic is in the subtlety, not like in this case where colors and saturation are all over the place.

• Super Members
1 hour ago, docmoore said:

Another Miller LUT applied to nonV-LOG L Natural PS 10bit 422 ... I was waiting for the black envelope.

Bob

On my screen it looks very nice. B&W can never be over sharpened imo.

And refreshing to see some nice monochrome video. A format used far to little these days.

• Super Members
8 minutes ago, docmoore said:

I recently returned to a Leica M246. Looking forward to the HD output with no Bayer filter ... and M lenses.

Bob

Thats awesome. I used to have the original M Monochrome. Nice camera for sure.

Right now Im enjoying the Ricoh GRii. APS-C and no AA filter makes for very tasty B&Ws, pocket sized :)