astralis Posted March 11 Share Posted March 11 Hey everyone! I've just recently purchased a gh2 and I was looking for people who might still have any gh2 patches available since the personal-view site is down where they hosted most of the gh2 patches If someone could provide any sort of links to gh2 patches available, that would be highly appreciated Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Administrators Andrew - EOSHD Posted March 11 Administrators Share Posted March 11 I'll have a dig and host them here if I find the mother lode MurtlandPhoto, Leon Postma and John Matthews 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
astralis Posted March 12 Author Share Posted March 12 I'll genuinely appreciate that a lot. Please preserve the gh2 history, don't let it vanish John Matthews 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
John Matthews Posted March 12 Share Posted March 12 I have the Sanity hacks (not 100% sure), Apocalypse Now (Drewnet), Cluster X (Drewnet), and Cluster X (Moon). I wish I took better notes. Why are personal view forums down? That's a good site. astralis 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pat Posted March 12 Share Posted March 12 https://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2744/the-lastest-hack-for-my-gh2/p1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Leon Postma Posted March 12 Share Posted March 12 I have the Flowmotion 2.02 patch - nothing else Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
astralis Posted March 13 Author Share Posted March 13 10 hours ago, John Matthews said: I have the Sanity hacks (not 100% sure), Apocalypse Now (Drewnet), Cluster X (Drewnet), and Cluster X (Moon). I wish I took better notes. Why are personal view forums down? That's a good site. If you're able to post a mirror link to those whenever you find them that would honestly be very helpful, ive been very curious about the sanity hacks. also im not even sure but it's been down for i think about a year estimated but the domain is still owned so there's a chance it could come back? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
astralis Posted March 13 Author Share Posted March 13 4 hours ago, pat said: https://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2744/the-lastest-hack-for-my-gh2/p1 that's the problem is personal view is down even in wayback machine the files weren't archived, they're just png files instead Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
astralis Posted March 13 Author Share Posted March 13 4 hours ago, Leon Postma said: I have the Flowmotion 2.02 patch - nothing else I was able to find the flowmotion v2.02 patch here flowmotion v2.02 patch Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pat Posted March 16 Share Posted March 16 My archive on gh2 patches 1 GOP Intra 'moon' T7 - Top Grading - Best Motion - Best Setting Ever 1-SpanMyBitchUp patch is good quality for spanning with long record times 2-AQuamotion v2 is medium-high quality with decent spanning recording times + 80% slowdown / EX TELE 3 GOP 'Spizz' - Hi-Quality - Pro Motion 3-TerrAQuake is seAQuake but less quality frame sizes for poorer type 10 cards 4-SeAQuake is Very High Quality for hi-end SD cards 6 GOP - Middle Earth 'Nebula' 7 GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100Mbps Fast Action Performance & Reliability 8 T9-gh4 like 9 12/15 GOP 'DREWnet' T9 - Traditional Long GOP 12 https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/blop84zqvmgob2qiab07v/ACl0mBKWCsMcidxL5qUcqgA?rlkey=3gb5igu910uyw5sipalzlovp2&st=1vsslgjs&dl=0 ntblowz, astralis, Leon Postma and 1 other 4 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
astralis Posted March 17 Author Share Posted March 17 On 3/16/2026 at 6:16 AM, pat said: My archive on gh2 patches 1 GOP Intra 'moon' T7 - Top Grading - Best Motion - Best Setting Ever 1-SpanMyBitchUp patch is good quality for spanning with long record times 2-AQuamotion v2 is medium-high quality with decent spanning recording times + 80% slowdown / EX TELE 3 GOP 'Spizz' - Hi-Quality - Pro Motion 3-TerrAQuake is seAQuake but less quality frame sizes for poorer type 10 cards 4-SeAQuake is Very High Quality for hi-end SD cards 6 GOP - Middle Earth 'Nebula' 7 GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100Mbps Fast Action Performance & Reliability 8 T9-gh4 like 9 12/15 GOP 'DREWnet' T9 - Traditional Long GOP 12 https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/blop84zqvmgob2qiab07v/ACl0mBKWCsMcidxL5qUcqgA?rlkey=3gb5igu910uyw5sipalzlovp2&st=1vsslgjs&dl=0 I really love how you gave details about every patch, you're honestly a hero for still having these Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gesmi Posted June 20 Share Posted June 20 On 3/13/2026 at 3:07 AM, astralis said: I was able to find the flowmotion v2.02 patch here flowmotion v2.02 patch I haven't been able to download it, even after becoming a member of the DVXUSER forum. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Administrators Andrew - EOSHD Posted Tuesday at 10:40 AM Administrators Share Posted Tuesday at 10:40 AM It looks like our favourite GH2 hacker has shut up shop, personal-view.com is no longer active and the domain points elsewhere. I'll miss it eatstoomuchjam and MurtlandPhoto 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Administrators Andrew - EOSHD Posted Tuesday at 10:41 AM Administrators Share Posted Tuesday at 10:41 AM By the way, the GH2 was one of the last Panasonic cameras to have unencrypted firmware and then even when encrypted with an update, Vitaliy found a way to decrypt it and make the hack possible. I've been looking into a possible further hack for the GH2, with Claude on the job and making decent progress. LUT -> Custom Photo Style might be possible and a lot of other things! eatstoomuchjam and MurtlandPhoto 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cookietub Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago Hi, I'm the author of the "Sanity" patch for the GH2. I just uploaded the last version to my Google drive, if anybody is interested in using it. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/157bZ_DRA0FzA-7QUWG3lXwQmfoTEtXQl?usp=sharing Here's a little background on why I developed it. When Vitaliy unlocked the GH2, there was a gold rush to create patches with very high bitrates. While the image quality looked great, those patches were terribly inefficient. I took it upon myself to create a patch that had the same top image quality, but at more "sane" bitrates. I can say with confidence that I succeeded, because I pixel peeped and compared the image frame by frame to the uncompressed output from the HDMI port. This way I had an absolute reference to shoot for. That was a long time ago, and I have long since sold my GH2. If anybody actually uses "Sanity", I would love to hear about it, just for old time sake! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now