Joker 2 - Color Breakdown

SRV1981

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, SRV1981 said:

Haha some of you remind me of guys in HS who hated jocks but then grew up to find your own niche and identity and became the jocks. 

I'm just wondering why you were posting a random YT video.

If I posted a new thread with every video I liked then the place would just look like my YT viewing history and not a forum where discussions can happen and people can share knowledge etc.

I don't know what experiences you had in high school, but I've been an adult a long time and I've become fond of talking to people.

I really don't know what you were trying to say?

What point were you trying to make?

Maybe if you actually typed something then there might be some communication....?

There are all sorts of interesting things in that video, so the discussion could be a good one.

Let's all leave high school behind and try and discuss things like adults 🙂 

I highly recommend going to the source if you're interested in going deeper, here are a couple of interviews with Jill on Joker that I found to be fascinating and thought-provoking:

...and this interview with Jill on John Wick and other films where they even talk about specific shots etc:

Lots of info out there if you search and go looking for it 🙂 

3 hours ago, Tim Sewell said:

I watched this yesterday and it inspired me to watch the first film (only 5 years late!). It's unusual to see Waqas quite so excited about something but it was an excellent view into the art, rather than the technique, in top-end colour grading.

Agreed he was really animated and passionate thought it was a cool breakdown of the trailer.  What was your take on the first film? 

Just now, Tim Sewell said:

Actually unreservedly loved it. I'm finding that I'm gradually getting further and further away from preferring verite/realistic looks and getting into the wilder end of things!

Same! The color really brought us into a different/alternate universe!

3 hours ago, SRV1981 said:

The color really brought us into a different/alternate universe!

And the utter lack of it has me admiring Ripley on Netflix right now.

I’m partly thinking the Amalfi coast should be in colour, but the rest is definitely working for me as a B&W production.

Of course it would look shite if the coastal stuff was colour whilst the rest was B&W but chapeau on this 8 parter, I think it’s great.

Sorry it’s not a Joker II comment 😛

22 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

I’m partly thinking the Amalfi coast should be in colour, but the rest is definitely working for me as a B&W production.

Of course it would look shite if the coastal stuff was colour whilst the rest was B&W but chapeau on this 8 parter, I think it’s great.

Will have to check it out!

51 minutes ago, SRV1981 said:

Will have to check it out!

It’s not just because the B&W makes it ‘arty’.

The script is great, taking what was originally a book, then a French film, then the well known Matt Damon movie and now an 8x near 1 hour episode series.

The acting is great.

The cinematography IMO is superb.

I have zero criticisms of it and that is rare for me.

4 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Didn't know that was in B&W. Thanks for the heads up. I adore B&W, so much so that I've been testing my FP in 4K 8bit mode for the sole purpose of having a smaller set up for a B&W film. 

It’s also an ‘updated’ film noire approach for the 2020’s.

There’s also a nod I think to Wes Anderson, but not in a comedic way and almost every single frame is a like a work of art.

The locations, the lighting, the framing, how one frame leads in to another…

My kind of filmmaking.