Canon 1D C to get $4000 price drop February 1st

Andrew Reid

​oops, sorry, thx for correcting, I"m Dutch so it's not always easy to find the right phrases. (Not even sure if "phrase" is the right word either but I think you know what I mean :)

also about your comment: Now let's address the mistake of the other English language drop-out

Not anyone on this forum is native English speaking. It's good that you correct but try to say it a bit more nicely.

​I'm sorry, my friend, I wasn't even going to correct you until I realized that your mistake contained a brilliant answer to the other dude's question that I couldn't quite articulate earlier. So thank YOU. This forum is one of the most liberal sites in videosphere, just remember it's all done in good humour.

As for 1DC, I think it was very smart for Canon to start the 4K DSLR experiment with a highend 1D series body, this actually now gives them enough room to downgrade to 5D body and be justified in dropping the price too. Considering that they have decided to capitalize on the 5D brand recognition with 5Ds ( instead of calling it 3D as rumored ), it makes sense for them to keep putting the eggs in the same basket. So I'm quite hopeful that the massive 1DC price drop is a sign of an upcoming 5DC.

P.S - Otherwise I'm getting a KineMINI. Either way, I will get my perfect 4K camera this year! :D

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

That's what a wedding is. A live event. That you are covering. It is basically a fucking local news report with shallow DOF, no light and a bit more angles. It lacks both the art of storytelling and the craft of lighting. Yes, it sure feels creative. Making a tuna sandwich in the morning makes me feel creative too. But it isn't cinema. So don't call it that. That's all.

​This reminds me of how hateful physicians are in our world regarding dermatologists and how they don't deserve the doctor designation, that they are somehow inferior. 

It's utterly moronic to tell a creative wedding videographer "your work is basically a fucking news report with shallow DOF", and their work is as creative as making a tuna sandwich, this is not just uneducated and shows complete lack of knowledge on the art of making wedding films, but also downright rude. 

Let people shoot whatever the fuck they want, and some of them will do mind-blowing cinematography in all fields, sports, news, wedding, film, music, all, this is what we do here for a living on this forum as indie-filmmakers. Be respectful.

I apologize to wedding shooters on the forum. Back to 1DC please. 

if you're gonna use the word "cinema" in your professional title, it better be related to the art of storytelling, not just filming an event. That's what a wedding is. A live event. That you are covering. It is basically a fucking local news report with shallow DOF, no light and a bit more angles. It lacks both the art of storytelling and the craft of lighting.

​And what is "local news report" but a story? It's basically storytelling. Sure, it's not "cinema" and it's not meant to be, but it requires a fair bit of talent and creativity to make it good.  Or at least watchable, because the "live events" are usually very boring.

• 1 month later...