Please recomend me a câmera for cinema verite easyness

tomastancredi

42 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

I've chosen to believe that it's Olympus' attempt to outflank the Japanese regulations.  --And that the off-spun OM business will eventually end up back under the "Olympus" umbrella one day when the political opportunity is viable.  (They've been known to pull corporate shenanigans)

Meanwhile OM are positioning themselves into a more niche market of outdoor photography enthusiasts, so maybe they'll be able to make a go of it there?  Hard to say with consumer imaging technology.  But, man, if they can make in-roads against Canon with all the 'birders' out there in the world, perhaps!  

I also like to think OM is a more nimble company that has a better chance of surviving because of this.  Wishful thinking?

Regardless, it's cool that their cameras are getting recognition from the folks here on this forum.

I agree with this assessment. In terms of video, it's important to remember that they don't have a cinema line to protect like other brand have. Let's remember almost everyone was following the "Olympus has fallen" mantra when the news had broken Olympus was selling their imaging business- most people were not expecting an E-P7, OM-1, OM-5, 20mm, 40-150 f4, and LS-P4 ii. I'm fairly certain the OM-1 and restructuring brought in some cash to fund some R&D for another camera. If not, that's just capitalism someone made some cash. The OM-1 will be every bit as good as when it came out- cameras are just tools and tools never get worse with time- users get better at using them though.

50 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Same.  I hate large field packages.  Done enough of that in my life and whenever the gear bag gets too big I start to get frustrated.  There's a reason a GM1 with an Pentax Auto110 prime lens is my avatar!

Yes. Small is great! Even though the GH6 is "big", the lenses are not. Nowadays, we can also leave the tripod at home and for those of us with a sketchy back, it's much appreciated.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 6/30/2023 at 1:03 PM, fuzzynormal said:

I'll chime in with a contrary opinion and a dark horse suggestion:  Weathered sealed OM (Olympus) cams/lenses shooting 4k 8-bit --probably considered sort of low-end these days, right?  OM cams definitely fly under the radar with videographers, but they have some useful features.

Let yourself settle for 1080, and you can get OM cameras for mere pennies these days:

53 minutes ago, Kubrickian said:

I swear this forum won’t be satisfied until everyone is shooting on Flip Cams. Get serious, or don’t, and just use your phone. 

IMG_0791.jpeg

Actually, I thought this forum was mostly focused on 8K RAW with global shutter...  

I always seem to be the minority opinion when discussing what cinema actually looks like, what is practical in the real world, that spending $5K on a camera and 5 minutes slapping on a LUT isn't the best approach to getting good colour, that the content of the video matters more than the DR, that editing is more important than colour subsampling, etc etc

15 hours ago, kye said:

Actually, I thought this forum was mostly focused on 8K RAW with global shutter...  

I always seem to be the minority opinion when discussing what cinema actually looks like, what is practical in the real world, that spending $5K on a camera and 5 minutes slapping on a LUT isn't the best approach to getting good colour, that the content of the video matters more than the DR, that editing is more important than colour subsampling, etc etc

You don't find many people saying what you are saying, because it is obviously true. You are not in the minority, except insofar as you say these obvious points and others do not (for good reason).

The serious point is that a lot of the creative discussion is about color, and rightly so, but the also obvious point is that if you start with RAW video, more bits, and higher dynamic range you have a better palette with which to be creative about color (with less digital artifacts). So, specs and hardware matter too. You can then emulate digitally 16mm Kodak 2383, or cellphone video, or whatever aesthetic better (without a LUT), if that's your thing. There is a reason serious filmmakers use expensive cameras, and it is not just that they do not overheat.