rommex

Freebie: Android app -- Director's Viewfinder for BMPCC

Hey all,

I developed an Android app that serves you as director's viewfinder.

Having your Android device with you, you can see exact framing of your Pocket camera on location, applying your lenses and boosters. Planning your lens setup has never been easier!

Please check out the app: Play Market

The app has ads in it, though not too nasty. You can always switch to a paid Magic Universal Viewfinder that has no ads, no limits and lots of cameras supported -- like BMCC, BMPC4K, 5D Mark III and 4/3 sensored-cameras.

Enjoy and feel free to give your feedback!

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sandeepthefifth
      Hey all, I'm looking to shoot a narrative short film with controlled lighting early next year and am thinking about shooting it on my original BMPCC...
      I know, I know. No 4K, terrible low-light, and horrible battery life. But if 1080p was fine, controlled lighting throughout, and an external battery solution, is it better for me to use the original and cancel my 4K pre-order? I could use the money saved to pay for an additional cine prime/actually pay actors a decent wage...
      What would be the advantages in this case of using the 4K over the original?
    • By deezid
      Shot this on my GH4 in one night. Used some color foils on my cheap Yongnuo YN300 LEDs and my Panasonic 20mm 1.7 lens.
      Recording was done internally in 4K DCI VLOG 8 bit, so some artifacts are definitely there. Tried to create a dark, gritty but colorful look. Still in love with this small, little and reliable camera.
      Director, writor and main actor: Uche Aguh

• By Justin Bacle
      Okay let's do it.
      At first, I wanted the SLR Magic (72mm w/o marks because I am not that rich).
      Then I wanted the Rectilux Core DNA.
      Then, Rectilux support convinced me to go with the 3FF-W as it is built like a tank, fair enough
      Then I realized that I'm still not that rich (Mainly because I live in a country where government takes 26% of my revenue (and will increase to 28% next year, but that's another story))
      That is why, I'd like to buy a SLR MAGIC Rangefinder (72mm w/o marks). I've seen them go on ebay for 275€. I would expect a price close to that. But I'm still open to other offers.
      If you have something more expensive (Rectilux, FM Module, Rangefinder w/ marks), I can add gear to the exchange.
      Thanks
    • By ikola
      For sale a like new VAF50D mosaic engineering anti aliasing flter, make an offer please!
      New import from USA to France is 350e with import taxes, crazy expensive but so important for having a perfect picture when RAW recording with the 50D, and the difference is clearly noticeable, you can have it right now for way less, international shipping, just dare give an offer and i'll let you know
      Thank you.
    • By sanveer
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1193685734/lume-cube-flash-and-video-light-for-gopro-iphone-a?ref=nav_search

Though the Switronix TorchLED Bolt seems like a great product, it's awfully expensive. Also, considering that it's impossible to make do with just one of those (it has to be softened down, and probably reflected off to get it as fill light apart from the spot light), it is not the right tool for Low Budget Indie Films (especially Shorts).

I saw this a few days ago, but, it's only now that I read the entire specs sheet. This is a Superb Idea for Indie Filmmakers. With 3 of more of these, you have Super Portable Lighting, which is controllable via your smartphone (both Android and iPhone). The brightness, and flash can both be synced via the phone, and you can control upto 5 of these devices via Single Device (phone). What's even more amazing is that it's water resistant, has a magnet, and some dirt cheap mounting options via Joby. I doubt whether it can get better than this. The Cherry on the cake, though, is that it has internaiton shipping. 

I think this would be superb, especially for smaller spaces. What do you guys think?

Check it out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1193685734/lume-cube-flash-and-video-light-for-gopro-iphone-a?ref=nav_search