Quick test - Dyaliscope Junior 16 anamorphic / sigma 35-70mm f2.8-4

John Palmer

Just a quick video testing out a Sigma 35-70mm f2.8-4 canon FD mount I found at a local camera shop for $20. It seems to work better as a taking lens than my canon FD f1.4 for some reason, not sure why. It does have a flat front element. From what I have read online most people weren't very happy with sigma zoom lenses in the FD mount, as far as the overall quality. it was all shot wide open around 39/41mm except for the 3rd shot which was at 70mm.

I had heard you could use a 35mm + anamorphic on the gh4 without any vignetting but it is pretty severe when I try.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PaulUsher
      Using EF lenses on RF mount + drop in ND adaptor (so not looking at the awesome and expensive RF 24-70). Replacing ageing Tamron 24-70 VC for something with smoother AF - the focussing can be jumpy and jarring. Looking for decent in-lens stabilisation.
      Was originally thinking the Tamron G2 but the stabilisation looks sticky for panning. Thoughts / experiences? Anyone using the Sigma 24-70 Art on Canon and can comment on the stabilisation -is it sticky, is it jerky? Mixed reports on internet, some say it’s not effective at all, some say it’s better than the Tamron. Limited footage out there - what I’ve seen looks ok...
      Will probably rent both the Sigma and Tamron to test, but would be grateful for long term opinions going into this upgrade. Will likely be my workhorse lens for years to come. Cheers. 
      Paul
    • By PBR
      Hi everyone!
      I wanted to showcase my passion project "The Night Knows No Shore" here on EOSHD. I've been a long time reader of Andrew's blog and it was his footage that inspired me to get an Iscorama a long time ago. 
      After doing tests with it for a while I came up with this idea for a movie. And you can now see the result on youtube: 

It's a project made by one single actor and one single crew member (me) with one single focal length (a Canon FD 85mm 1.8) and one single focus anamorphic lens ( Iscorama pre-36). Don't expect much action. It's a slow film with lots of monologues and no real plot. It's about one young man's thoughts on society, religion, art, philosophy, life in general. Have a look. If you don't like all the "pretentious" talking, maybe you like the footage. Let me know what you think. If you have any questions, just ask. Enjoy! 

• By Carlostheepic
      Looking to buy a used FVD-16A (CANON).

• By Richard Peretti
      Hi guys,
      Found this packed away in the loft. Haven't used it in years. Open to offers, UK only please.
      Cheers