What comes closest to Hasselblad medium format look in video-land? EOSHD on YouTube

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

I take a look at what's been going on in cameras this week, with some thoughts on the GFX 100, EOS R6, Panasonic S1H and other "goings-on". Caution: some strong(ish) language.

For more on my Hasselblad adventures see my review of the H3D II with HUGE Kodak CCD sensor here (past article):

https://www.eoshd.com/review/guide-buying-cheap-hasselblad-medium-format-camera/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Please please please Andrew will you consider doing a subscriber only tutorial on your awesome studio lighting set up?

Also, I’d like to get that sponsorship for my own channel.

Good job. Off now to look at wooden grip wonder cameras of yore…

What the hell is this video, @Andrew Reid? This is not at all how to make a Youtube video. Here's what's wrong:

1. You need to start it with something like: "Hi guys, this is your boy Andrew here with EOSHD"
  2. You should have pink and teal background. X-mas lights at a minimum.
  3. Shallow depth of field? Everything's in focus!
  4. Where's the mic? You should be eating that thing! Think 25-30% of frame.
  5. Where's the obligatory Squarespace or Skillshare ad? If you can't get that, you should be at least pimping some software like "Cleanmymac".
  6. If you're going to talk trash about Canon, you should at the very least put some links to it on Amazon in case someone accidentally clicks on it.
  7. NEVER tell others what you actually think about product(s), certainly not after using them. You're just supposed shamelessly promote them or trash them, regardless of any usage. Focus on the specs primarily.
  8. Your thumbnail needs to have some super-inflammatory phrase (in yellow) with your mouth wide open. Here's an idea: "HASSELBLAD GETS DESTROYED? Plus, I lose my SH*T!"
  9. Finally, you look far too normal. Can't you shave your head or get a tattoo on your face?

I'm sure there are more things wrong with this video. You've got to love Youtube nowadays.

Another thing that stood out for me was the 'Adolf Hitler Moment' when Andrew picked up the R6...but somehow the rage was mostly contained in this instance.

You do need a trademark gimmick however... Maybe a flat cap (being Northern) worn sideways. Think Norman Wisdom...

In fact, there's a name for your channel, Andrew's Wisdom. "Ooh, Hironori Oishi-san".

• Administrators
6 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Another thing that stood out for me was the 'Adolf Hitler Moment' when Andrew picked up the R6...but somehow the rage was mostly contained in this instance.

You do need a trademark gimmick however... Maybe a flat cap (being Northern) worn sideways. Think Norman Wisdom...

In fact, there's a name for your channel, Andrew's Wisdom. "Ooh, Hironori Oishi-san".

Hair is fast beating a hasty retreat so I may well call the channel FLATCAP'S CAMERA SHOW

• Super Members
5 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

It will be a repurposed Tesco plastic bag, I am going to sell it for £100.

Not sure the marketing department would be keen on having to make do with their coke being of the repurposed Tesco variety though.

66462309_5762b9ec46_z.jpg.3cdc7700bd99dcae40090d3ce80019ee.jpg

5 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

How do they do that kind of quality for for 78p

You can't even buy water at 6 x 330ml for that!

Genuine Coca Cola is what, about £4 for ‘the same’ thing?

Just imagine what they could sell it for if they did a Peter McCanon autographed special edition…

Why not try for a piece of that action with ‘Tesco Cola’ Andrew? Have your name on it?!

Just imagine, it could bring the price down even lower to maybe less than 10p a can? 

I would be happy to pay less for endorsed product. Always.