Selling my Blackmagic, missing my 5D

boukmanmutt

Olympus em1 mark ii or iii do great video and photos. And you can keep your lenses. 

If you switched to full frame with the EOS R for example you would end up with the relatively huge 24-105 f4 and only one stop of difference in bokeh compared to your f2.8 lenses.   

Other option is the Fuji xt3 with 18-55. That's a great combo and small. Wouldn't recommend the speedbooster btw. I've used different brands over the years with different cameras and never really liked the image.  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Your lenses are all over the place.

If you´d own EF Lenses, I´d say you get a Viltrox Fuji-EF Focal reducer and go with the XT-3. 

Maybe going with the MFT Mount + Adapters Route is the best way.

I wouldn´t take the G9 off the list. Yeah, it can have a modern look, but with the right settings you can make the footage very flexible and less "digital".

And even if you can´t get the digital look go away, try a Black Pro Mist 1/4.

OP sounds like he wants the full frame look on a tight budget,  is coming from Canon, and has an amateur hybrid interest.

Sounds exactly to whom the EOS RP is marketed for. Add the cheap but great RF 35mm F1.8 and you got yourself a decent entry-level FF hybrid & quality fast prime lens combo for under 1.5K €.

48 minutes ago, Django said:

OP sounds like he wants the full frame look on a tight budget,  is coming from Canon, and has an amateur hybrid interest.

Sounds exactly to whom the EOS RP is marketed for. Add the cheap but great RF 35mm F1.8 and you got yourself a decent entry-level FF hybrid & quality fast prime lens combo for under 1.5K €.

Thinking about the RP too... Do you guys think it's better than the Fuji XT3?

XT3 is a fine camera but you will still be missing the full frame look of the 5D2.. as well as Canon colours/skin tones. 

I know when I went from 5D3 to XT2 I was missing those things.. also autofocus was step back (especially with young kids).

The 4K IQ is excellent though on the Fuji. But at your level, is 4K IQ really more important than all the other caveats?

It's all subjective but I prefer the colour of my Fuji to my C100 particularly skin tones.

If video is important the XT3 is a much better camera, true if full frame and AF are more important then get the Canon or buy a speedbooster and get full frame look for the Fuji. Can't full;y remember but hasn't the RP got terrible RS ,a big crop and no AF in 4k?

17 minutes ago, ade towell said:

It's all subjective but I prefer the colour of my Fuji to my C100 particularly skin tones.

If video is important the XT3 is a much better camera, true if full frame and AF are more important then get the Canon or buy a speedbooster and get full frame look for the Fuji. Can't full;y remember but hasn't the RP got terrible RS ,a big crop and no AF in 4k? 

That crop would make the 35mm pretty limiting on the RP if as stated the OP wants to film in 4k  with no budget for anything else

2 hours ago, Django said:

No, Fuji X series are APS-C cameras so that's a 1.5x crop over Full Frame in both stills & video (4K60p adds a crop on top).

That´s why I said the XT3 in combination with the viltrox focal reducer to EF, but he doesn´t only have EF-lenses

11 hours ago, Django said:

XT3 is a fine camera but you will still be missing the full frame look of the 5D2.. as well as Canon colours/skin tones. 

I know when I went from 5D3 to XT2 I was missing those things.. also autofocus was step back (especially with young kids).

The 4K IQ is excellent though on the Fuji. But at your level, is 4K IQ really more important than all the other caveats?

Fuck the full frame "look" (Respectfully) 😃. That is for conceited brides and bokeh whores that cannot stage a photo to save their lifes. I(f he buys a 35 1.4 with the X-T3 he has all the bokeh a whore needs, let alone a 56mm 1.3 or a 90mm 2.0 if portrait is his thing- The 35mm 1.4 can be found reasonably priced secondhand, has magic pixie dust and is the most versatile of  teh three ). The X-T3 can take great pictures and Fuji colour science is at the same level or better than Canon's... The video is comparable to a pocket 4k unless you are a "I only shoot raw snob" and has better "filmic" colours than more recent BM colour science.

Not talking against you Django, I am writing all the above with a degree of jest 😃.

No offense taken. I won’t get into the sensor size debate, that said there are undeniable differences in between M43, APS-C, FF & MF. It isn’t just about bokeh either, especially when you are looking at the whole system.

I’ve owned the Fuji F1.4 & 56mm F1.2 lenses. They are nice and compact however suffer from steppy AF which is quite annoying in video. Hopefully Fuji redesigns Mark 2 versions of their fast primes..

3 hours ago, Django said:

I’ve owned the Fuji F1.4 & 56mm F1.2 lenses. They are nice and compact however suffer from steppy AF which is quite annoying in video. Hopefully Fuji redesigns Mark 2 versions of their fast primes..

I completely agree with you there. Fuji needs a mk ii version of these lenses but they came up with a 27mm mk2 instead... Unbelievable. There is a 50mm f1.0 coming and possibly another mk2 lens of some focal length we do not know yet. They have a huge problem with firmware updates the past 18 months as well so it is a very mixed bag at the moment

14 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

That´s why I said the XT3 in combination with the viltrox focal reducer to EF, but he doesn´t only have EF-lenses

guys, i'm deciding between the xt3 and the eos rp.

I think it will be one of those. Also, i'm cheking to see if i find a used 5 D Mark IV at a reasonable price (i must sell the olympus 12-60 too)

to summarize, my possibilities at the moment are:

- FUJI Xt3 used, 860 euros (i would add a speebooster priced 150 euros to use it with classic nikon lenses)

- A used GH5 (some are found at 1150-1200 euros) with one year warranty

- a 5d Mark IV used for 1200 euros with one year warranty

- a new eos rp that costs around 1100 euros (I'd like to hear your thoughts on which is better between the Mark IV and the Rp)

These are the options that I am considering. Suggestions are accepted. Thanks everyone for your help so far.