Jump to content
Sage

Pocket 4K to Alexa Conversion

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, Shell64 said:

Bro you got it to match perfectly. They look the same!  If I ever get this camera I’m picking up this out for sure! Thanks a lot for these awesome LUTs. 

Thanks so much Shell! Gen.4 is on a new level, and GHa really needs it. I intend to bring Gen.4 to GHa very soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shell64 said:

I currently shoot with a Panasonic g7. Any plans to make one of these for the Panasonic cameras with Cinelike D like the g7/g85?

The G9 just received 10 bit - I wonder if they will update the G7? Currently, Cine-D is supported via a Pre to convert to VLog - Cine-D PRE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, majoraxis said:

@Sage Incredible job!

I actually like the Pocket 4K version better, though they are very, very, very, close.

Congratulations - this is quite an accomplishment!

Thanks so much Majoraxis! Its been quite a journey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of picking up a pocket 4k again, just because they are dropping in price in the used market. This may push me over the edge. I know you spent a lot of time and effort on this, nice work! In your opinion do you think the pocket 6k image quality and color science is better or worse than the pocket 4k? I noticed a difference between the two when I had them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crevice said:

I was thinking of picking up a pocket 4k again, just because they are dropping in price in the used market. This may push me over the edge. I know you spent a lot of time and effort on this, nice work! In your opinion do you think the pocket 6k image quality and color science is better or worse than the pocket 4k? I noticed a difference between the two when I had them. 

Thank you - the P6K is better in terms of image quality and color science. Though using P4Ka on both, the P4K is better (I plan to support the P6K directly)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sage said:

The G9 just received 10 bit - I wonder if they will update the G7? Currently, Cine-D is supported via a Pre to convert to VLog - Cine-D PRE

Cool. Would the g7 be converted accurately then?  It’s only 8 bit and has color differences vs the g9 and gh5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shell64 said:

Cool. Would the g7 be converted accurately then?  It’s only 8 bit and has color differences vs the g9 and gh5

Not accurately, though it'll work decently well. 8 bit is going to limit codec flexibilty (to avoid banding), but Cine-D is much more preferable in this scenario than VLog (maximize bit depth allocated to most important contrast regions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

Oh I'd like to send a still as well! It's an 512x512 PNG and it has 262144 unique colors, is that a problem?
I'll show myself out... ?

Hey Attila, the res might be a bit low :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...