Best Nikon DSLR for video?

/p/

What Nikon DSLR is currently the best for shooting video? I know the obvious choice is a Canon + ML but I'd like to know what Nikon has on offer.. I just bought a BMCC so I'm covered for RAW (I don't think there are many situations where I am going to want to shoot multi-cam RAW)..

I just want a DSLR as a B-Cam that I'll be able to hopefully match fairly well to BMCC in prores for some small projects. I am obviously considering the BMPCC but want to see how things play out from here (with the problems it's supposedly having) and consider what else is available, since I don't particularly need RAW in a B-cam and have Nikon lenses I'm wondering what Nikon options are available up till the D600 6D range of cameras. Thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Non of them.  I have a Nikon D600.  No complaints as a still camera.  The video is no different, far as I can tell, from video from their D7000, or even D3100.  I would be concerned about matching footage from a high dynamic range camera (the BMCC) and contrasty video which is a Nikon after-thought from their camera. 

Here is an idea of what you'll be up against, in matching footage.

https://vimeo.com/73096779

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Long time ago.. but maybe somebody is still interested in a clip i shot with the D7100.

The picture should be the same like the D5200 and D5300.

I shot the clip in 720 to get 50fps (pal). So, in 1080 and 50fps on a D5300 the quality should be even better.

Non of them.  I have a Nikon D600.  No complaints as a still camera.  The video is no different, far as I can tell, from video from their D7000, or even D3100.  I would be concerned about matching footage from a high dynamic range camera (the BMCC) and contrasty video which is a Nikon after-thought from their camera. 

Here is an idea of what you'll be up against, in matching footage.

>

Long time ago.. but maybe somebody is still interested in a clip i shot with the D7100.

I shot the clip in 720 to get 50fps (pal). So, in 1080 and 50fps on a D5300 the quality should be even better.

This is really well done.

Michael

+1 looks great - very nicely put together and the slomo worked really well.