Canon 5D3 RAW Modeling BTS

jcs

YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwgSWqdbniM

Vimeo (downloadable):

https://vimeo.com/67472338

First part used an LED light on camera; last part is ambient light.

Workflow: raw2dng => DNGs to ACR+AE => rendered as 175Mbps 10-bit 422 DNxHD MOV => edited in Premiere Pro CS6. AE CS6 Render Settings / Render Depth set to 16-bit and Output Module / Depth set to Trillions of colors (to make sure DNxHD was getting >= 10 bit color).
12-Core MacPro (running Win7x64) renders DNG to DNxHD at ~6FPS.
Komputerbay 32GB 1000X (supports 1920x1080). Have 2 64GB 1000X on order. 128GB 1000X can only support 1920x900; was going to return it however Amazon offered a very generous discount to keep it (useful enough to keep).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Love it!

Can I ask a quick off-topic question? Are you happy with your Mac Pro's performance in Windows with BootCamp? I need a Windows workstation for some cycle crunching and am considering hardware now for maximum stability...my experience with Windows 7 on Macbook Pro's with Boot Camp is not so great..are you finding Windows 7 Bootcamp stable on Mac Pro 12 core?

Thanks.

Thanks mtheory!

MacPro 12-core running SSDs and a bunch of hard drives, USB3 PCIe card for fast USB3 card readers, Quadro 5000, GeForce GT120 (for OSX boot), 3 monitors (2560x1600, 1920x1200, and 1920x1080 HDTV) and Win7x64 with Adobe Master Collection CS6 has been rock solid (Adobe tools seem to have more bugs on OSX and run slower as well (same hardware)).

AE CS6 is still unfortunately somewhat buggy, which I why I had turned off multi-frame processing. However, for raw processing,  multi-frame processing rocks: no crashes or other issues yet. 6FPS is pretty cool for raw conversion to DNxHD 10-bit (Cineform also works, though their codec hasn't been as stable as DNxHD).

In PPro CS6 in Win7x64, Matrox I-frame only HD (a really nice MPEG2 codec, free) in an AVI container was not as fast to work with as DNxHD in a MOV (QuickTime) container, which is surprising (QuickTime code path is typically slower).

Thanks mtheory!

MacPro 12-core running SSDs and a bunch of hard drives, USB3 PCIe card for fast USB3 card readers, Quadro 5000, GeForce GT120 (for OSX boot), 3 monitors (2560x1600, 1920x1200, and 1920x1080 HDTV) and Win7x64 with Adobe Master Collection CS6 has been rock solid (Adobe tools seem to have more bugs on OSX and run slower as well (same hardware)).

AE CS6 is still unfortunately somewhat buggy, which I why I had turned off multi-frame processing. However, for raw processing,  multi-frame processing rocks: no crashes or other issues yet. 6FPS is pretty cool for raw conversion to DNxHD 10-bit (Cineform also works, though their codec hasn't been as stable as DNxHD).

In PPro CS6 in Win7x64, Matrox I-frame only HD (a really nice MPEG2 codec, free) in an AVI container was not as fast to work with as DNxHD in a MOV (QuickTime) container, which is surprising (QuickTime code path is typically slower).

Awesome, thanks. Will go for the Mac Pro then.