My work (Tom Pawlow)

thebrothersthre3

I keep hearing how everybody just comments on trivial things and complains these days so I thought I'd go ahead and make a thread where I post my creative videos (maybe some of my paid stuff too). I make video's on a fairly frequent basis, so I thought it could merit a thread. Anyways here is a short I posted on youtube recently. I am liking the super short video format lately. Have a bunch of  1 minute short projects planned for this month (for the film riot competition).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I keep hearing how everybody just comments on trivial things and complains these days so I thought I'd go ahead and make a thread where I post my creative videos (maybe some of my paid stuff too). I make video's on a fairly frequent basis, so I thought it could merit a thread. Anyways here is a short I posted on youtube recently. I am liking the super short video format lately. Have a bunch of  1 minute short projects planned for this month (for the film riot competition).

Quite good actually. IMHO the background score and foley need a little not work, especially since its a horror flick (and a little interplay between them in the sound design). In the edit if you could do a little more back and forth, especially when the light first goes out and in the end, by hanging between frames and angles, it could look very scary.

Nice work 

12 hours ago, sanveer said:

Quite good actually. IMHO the background score and foley need a little not work, especially since its a horror flick (and a little interplay between them in the sound design). In the edit if you could do a little more back and forth, especially when the light first goes out and in the end, by hanging between frames and angles, it could look very scary.

Nice work 

Thank you for the feedback! I think you make good points. I wasn't really happy with the sound edit. 

Great work! The set up and payoff worked, so not much more to say. Excellent use of light and shadow to hide the gags... even better that it was a construct of the story.

Your actor did a good job. He seemed natural in his ambivalence to intrigue to fear. I felt the sound was fine. You illuminated the important sounds that helped to tell the story.

If I had to make a critique, I’d say that the antagonist’s walk by was too slow and projected the ending, but that’s just me nitpicking. 

Thanks for sharing. I love watching short films on here. Being a gear site, not enough people share their work because we tend to argue about which camera is better. In this instance, I was engrossed with the story, so you really achieved the ultimate goal... getting a filmmaker not to worry about the technical.

With that being said... what camera did you use, because those shadows were clean! Also, did you only use the practical lighting?

Anyway, again... great job!!!

Thank you! Now that you mention it I agree, it probably would have worked better if the antagonist walked faster in that middle shot. 

The light that keeps turning on and off in the short lit that portion of the shot, though I did gel it as it was too harsh. 

The light that appeared to be coming from the PC was not from the PC. I used an open faced LED for that, which was diffused. There was also a light placed outside the window. I am glad it appeared natural, as that was the look I was going for. 

I shot it with a Fuji XT20, though I kept the ISO very low (200-400 I believe).

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

Still from a short I am working on. This isn't going to make it into the cut, but it was too cool not to share. kOcSu9C.jpg

are you trying to simulate a pistol barrel failure ? that shot (no pun intended)  it looks all wrong to me. i have a farm  and i have a few rifles as well, never seen any of them do what you seem to be portraying. its interesting i'll give you that

6 hours ago, leslie said:

are you trying to simulate a pistol barrel failure ? that shot (no pun intended)  it looks all wrong to me. i have a farm  and i have a few rifles as well, never seen any of them do what you seem to be portraying. its interesting i'll give you that

Wasn't really going for realism

• 1 month later...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wf4tFNM2mv2gNs0_QTfyHhkjVQ0hFgaN/view?usp=sharing 

Movie I was the DP and gaffer on last fall. The youtube vid below is the official release but I like the google drive link above better, as the blooming effect added in the youtube version is a little wonky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...