Panasonic GH3 - Timelapse

joshi

Hello people.. 

Being new here i don't want to put up unnecessary questions. 

But i've recently seen a few HDR timelapse videos and i'm on the verge of ordering a GH3. 

Is it possible to do the interval shooting in HDR mode or using barcketting with the GH3 ? 

Cheers :)

Hi Joshi - Maybe this video helps with the time laps?  It's learning me something!

What do you mean wit HDR (high dynamic rade) mode and barcketing? Where can I find it on the GH3 (the histogram?) and how do you control it?

>> ?? >> Does somebody know the maths behind thimelapsing - how many pictures should I take against how many interval to get x amount of seconds video footage?

With slow mo I shoot on 50fps and then slow it down in post. Heard that this method gives you a broader range of freedom in post. I never use the in camera modus for this so I don't really know the effect.

http://youtu.be/GUW3aFJgG_w

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By euroronald
      Hi all, happy new year of 2021 and I have made a timelapse video by DJI pocket2 at across night and day time at the first day of 2021.Really love to use this tiny machine for motionlapse and I wish DJI can upgrade the firmware to support 4K output of timelapse directly!
      Cycle of night and day of Tseung Kwan O, Hong Kong 香港将軍澳の昼と夜のタイムラプス

Thanks for watching and comment!!
    • By Eric Yeong
      Hi Guys, anyone here has shot timelapse with GH5s? Lately, I had a project shooting timelapse with it... and had some issues.
      The first problem, intermittently... the camera will stop shooting and came out a dialogue box that asked me to turn off and on the camera. After reboot the camera, the camera will continue shooting the timelapse in the same sequence... but the problem will come again couple of times in random. The interval of my timelapse is around 5sec per frame.
      second, my setup was 5sec interval.... set at aperture priority, Lumix 7-14mm... shooting day to night timelapse... when the shutter hit more than a second... sometimes it opened not not closing back... and cause the camera to jam and keep recording... hanged and not responding.. had to take out the camera battery to reactivate the camera.
      third issue... when rendering the timelapse into 4k video, it splitted into few different video files... probably cause by the camera stopped or hanged half way... but the camera didn’t indicate it stop the timelapse sequence... it just says ‘pause’....
      Any thoughts or sharing would be much appreciated.
      thanks, Eric.

• By funkyou86
      Hi, my cage for GH4/3 is for sale. Never used. I thought I can use it with GH5, but it does not fit. 
      PRICE: 37 euros + shipping. Shipping from Slovakia to EU.

• By Liszon
      Hey everyone,
      I have a Konova Motorized Smart Pan & Tilt Head for sale here!
      -------------------------------------

Perfect for pre-programmed time-lapses and it can be used for live motion as well. Works on any slider made by Konova (I have a K7) supports both the basic and the smart motion controllers. It would even work on a tripod or a 3rd party slider if you buy one of the Konova controllers.
      High capacity motors, excellent built quality, the pan axis can hold 10 kilograms the tilt axis has a 5kg payload.
      Full specifications above:
      http://bit.ly/2jLpVh3
      Comes with all factory accessories, carrying case/cables/instruction manual, even the original cardboard box:
      http://bit.ly/2jZ8pTy
      The baby is in pristine condition, only tried and tested because I bought it for a project that probably won't happen.
      Asking £390 - UK shipping included, EU shipping can be arranged for a little extra. Payment via PayPal or simple bank transfer (domestic sale only).
      A few videos to show you how it works in action:

• By vesubio
      Ok guys, here you have the Intro of Brokenman, the first 5 min, thanks for supporting the movie, I hope you enjoy....coming soon full movie....

thanks for sharing.. Lumix GH3 +Tokina 11-16(2.8), Voigtlander 25mm (0.95)