Jump to content

Fuji XT-2 v4 firmware out now


jhnkng
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Super Members
29 minutes ago, Django said:

Just picked up an XT2 again however just found out Fuji pulled the plug on the 4.0 update because of the bugs: 

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-firmware-update-4-01-released-rollback-to-previous-version-fujifilm-gfx-x-pro2-and-x-h1-firmware-postponed/

 

I'd really like to test the F-Log & 120fps so was wondering if anyone here could send/upload the 4.0 .DAT firmware file? would be much appreciated!

I thought they'd released a bug fix version, didn't realise they'd pulled the new stuff out completely.

Here you go, here's the V4.

FWUP0010.DAT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Members
31 minutes ago, Django said:

Just picked up an XT2 again however just found out Fuji pulled the plug on the 4.0 update because of the bugs: 

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-firmware-update-4-01-released-rollback-to-previous-version-fujifilm-gfx-x-pro2-and-x-h1-firmware-postponed/

 

I'd really like to test the F-Log & 120fps so was wondering if anyone here could send/upload the 4.0 .DAT firmware file? would be much appreciated!

Maybe they can fix the record lamp issue while they're at it and try and make FLOG come out of the HDMI port while you are recording it internally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

internal FLOG + Eterna LUT is a game changer. Dynamic range gets a major boost and the final look is so much more filmic then before.. it's like a whole new camera!

HFR options is also pretty cool. overall at under a grand second hand with the grip & around half the cost of new XH1, i feel XT2 is among best value cameras around thanks to this update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Django said:

internal FLOG + Eterna LUT is a game changer. Dynamic range gets a major boost and the final look is so much more filmic then before.. it's like a whole new camera!

HFR options is also pretty cool. overall at under a grand second hand with the grip & around half the cost of new XH1, i feel XT2 is among best value cameras around thanks to this update.

Have you tried the Fuji WDR LUT? IMO it looks better than Eterna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Luke Mason said:

Have you tried the Fuji WDR LUT? IMO it looks better than Eterna.

It's really impressive.  I've found Eterna works better on the X-H1 and X-T2 for indoor and lowlight shots and the Fuji WDR works better for brightly lit and outdoor scenes. 

If only these camera's had better battery life, that's about all I can find to complain about any more, they actually make shooting fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, CyclingBen said:

It's really impressive.  I've found Eterna works better on the X-H1 and X-T2 for indoor and lowlight shots and the Fuji WDR works better for brightly lit and outdoor scenes. 

If only these camera's had better battery life, that's about all I can find to complain about any more, they actually make shooting fun!

What I've found is Fuji WDR retains more highlight detail than Eterna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Kubrickian said:

Is the WDR in the same LUT package as Eterna? Anyone got a link? 

yeah it's in the same pack,  just google fuji lut.

i've just tried it and indeed very similar to Eterna with a hint more highlight info.

should match up nicely to WideDR profile on my C100!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Members

Just been monkeying around with it and the WDR has the edge for me too.

5b0dbb65dfc7d_Minkey3.thumb.jpg.7740293e6d4ee70f1e89ee069a595d51.jpg

Any news on when they might be re-issuing the firmware ? 

Curious to know if they might include Eterna as an internal profile to make up for the inconvenience ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...