Jump to content

For PC users: Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 ??


pintowar

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Have you ever used an NX camera? The touch screen implementation, and the 3-5 ways of changing settings is the best in business. Then Canon, and Panasonic is a lot better lately - even though I wouldn't put them even close to Samsung and Canon. Sony menu system is seemingly built by people good at programming skills, but not photographers.

I have owned 3 Sony A7xx cameras and I Never found the menus confusing. Sure they can be better, But my Olympus EM1 was just as complex, and I found it easy after awhile. IF you use them you know what to do. If you own 10 different brands of cameras you sure are not going to go from one to the other very easily as if you would be familiar with one brand.

All these new cameras have 50 buttons on them you can program what you need on average for them. Hardly any real reason to even go into the menus anymore. Heck a lot what you need it right on the LCD touchscreens now.

Now I admit I wish on all these cameras there was a way to move items around like you can on a Cell Phone. Put all you usually need say on the first 2 or 3 pages, now that would be sweet.

And no I have Never owned a NX camera. It at the time was too new, and I NEVER buy  into a new system as I have seen a lot of brands go away as old as I am. That is why I would Never buy a Kinefinity. You have to be rich to be a Guinea Pig for startups.

It is all about lenses not cameras anyway. And even today the Samsung lacks a lot on native lenses for them. What they have is good, but not enough of them. And even if they have a ton of them buying new is a ball buster compared to used ones cost wise. So that system has to be around a pretty long time to find used ones in quantity.

I have been a Sony man since I got into video in my TV days. They are the best at it, at least for broadcast, and I know they will be at the top pretty much forever. When they do something they don't shit around. Their main problem to me is try to make shit propitiatory and I hate that. Red is the biggest Whore in the world for that. But Sony has been trying to do that for years also.

It all boils down to skill anyway in this day and age. Like has been said 100 times on here, any camera made in the last 10 years can take great pictures, and in the last five years most have pretty damn good video in them. I am as guilty as anyone on here. I look at, dream about, 50 different cameras and sit here on my ass producing hardly anything.

I could have been at the Cannes Film Festival using a Canon T2i if I had the skill and drive to do it! But I doubt it will change LoL. :blush:

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@webrunner5 I mentioned the top 3 in my opinion (and most of the press and reviewers opinion anyway), as you noticed Olympus is not among them because they have menu issues as well. All the rest have nothing to do with menu systems on cameras.

What the hell do cameras have anything to do with this thread anyway. I thought we were talking about Windows 10?? :grin: My Favorite operating system in the whole damn world.

And if you don't stay on point I am going to send this dog after your butt LoL!!

Dog.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2018 at 6:40 AM, no_connection said:

You NEED to have some sort of VNC/Teamviewer running in case display outputs brick with Win 10, which they do (thank you creative fall update)

I would not say Win 10 is better or more optimized than Win 7, but it is different, and it may or may not work better or worse when compared.

Win 10 is for sure more bloated and require more hardware thrown at it to make up for it, but that is pretty much not an issue any more and it does take advantage of it if you have it too.

Just be careful when installing updates as nightmares do hide behind KB numbers, Win 10 Pro for example should have the option to disable drivers with updates.

What''s the story on the output? Tried a brand new 8 core and it blue screened which was rather annoying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

What the hell do cameras have anything to do with this thread anyway. I thought we were talking about Windows 10?? :grin: My Favorite operating system in the whole damn world.

And if you don't stay on point I am going to send this dog after your butt LoL!!

Dog.jpg

That's a dog? ?

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I am glad you agreed Kisaha. If not the dog on the couch this one would have been next. And it would have been bad trust me. :blush:

 

uglydog.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's a Muppet. 

1 hour ago, Orangenz said:

What''s the story on the output? Tried a brand new 8 core and it blue screened which was rather annoying. 

Blue screens can derive from several factors. Bad hardware, bad software, bad drivers, feeling moody that day. ?

That's the coveat of Windows. It's a pretty stable OS in general but so many things can muck it up. Usually it's a conflicted driver issue. Not all drivers are signed/genuine or up to snuff.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I am glad you agreed Kisaha. If not the dog on the couch this one would have been next. And it would have been bad trust me. :blush:

 

uglydog.jpg

That is a seriously scary little creature!

Blue screens in windows happen to me once every year or two. No issues.

 

Ubuntu (Zulu pronunciation: [ùɓúntʼù])[1][2] is a Nguni Bantu term meaning "humanity". It is often also translated as "humanity towards others", but is often used in a more philosophical sense to mean "the belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity".[3]

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

That is a seriously scary little creature!

Blue screens in windows happen to me once every year or two. No issues.

 

Ubuntu (Zulu pronunciation: [ùɓúntʼù])[1][2] is a Nguni Bantu term meaning "humanity". It is often also translated as "humanity towards others", but is often used in a more philosophical sense to mean "the belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity".[3]

Yeah I have to admit I have had a Blue Screen of Death a few times myself in 10. I think I have had some in Every Windows version I have ever had. No clue why. Virus I would suspect a lot of times. Bugs probably the rest of the time.

Yeah is that close to the ugliest dog you ever seen. It is so ugly it is almost cute LoL. And you know I suspected it was an African name.

5 hours ago, Matthew Hartman said:

That's a dog? ?

I'm pretty sure that's a Muppet. 

Blue screens can derive from several factors. Bad hardware, bad software, bad drivers, feeling moody that day. ?

That's the coveat of Windows. It's a pretty stable OS in general but so many things can muck it up. Usually it's a conflicted driver issue. Not all drivers are signed/genuine or up to snuff.  

That might be an Akita. I have had a few of them They are scary big and when you play with them they can get a little TOO Rowdy at times LoL. Super powerful dogs.

Yeah I have found most of the time it is a video driver problem or the card it's self going bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 10:06 AM, Orangenz said:

What''s the story on the output? Tried a brand new 8 core and it blue screened which was rather annoying. 

In short creative fall update messed something up with driver and on a system level, so I had 3 2560x1440 screens that didn't go anywhere but at least teamviewer saw them.
I uninstalled the KB and reinstalled Nvidia driver and it kinda worked. There is still an internal 2560x1440 monitor left that noone knows where it is and what it is connected too, some other stuff still left from creative fall update but it works again.
I had great trouble installing it from the beginning too where it did the same thing. So windows update pushed out a driver for the Nvidia card that don't work and bricked it before I could do anything. So one reinstall later (are we having fun yet) and I unplugged network cable before windows could do anything, and installed driver manually first thing. Then it worked.
Searching for this problem shows threads two years old and windows still bricks installations this way (yes we having fun).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, no_connection said:

In short creative fall update messed something up with driver and on a system level, so I had 3 2560x1440 screens that didn't go anywhere but at least teamviewer saw them.
I uninstalled the KB and reinstalled Nvidia driver and it kinda worked. There is still an internal 2560x1440 monitor left that noone knows where it is and what it is connected too, some other stuff still left from creative fall update but it works again.
I had great trouble installing it from the beginning too where it did the same thing. So windows update pushed out a driver for the Nvidia card that don't work and bricked it before I could do anything. So one reinstall later (are we having fun yet) and I unplugged network cable before windows could do anything, and installed driver manually first thing. Then it worked.
Searching for this problem shows threads two years old and windows still bricks installations this way (yes we having fun).

So uninstall the nvidia driver and reinstall might help? Currently on that machine it pretty much blue screens randomly even if you're not doing anything. Sounds like a similar multiscreen setup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have a multi screen setup, it's just for recording with OBS. The screens came from nowhere with the update.

But yes I would try uninstalling driver and reinstall, remember to unplug network just in case Windows Update wanna install drivers for it while you do it.
There is an option to disable windows update from doing drivers with gpo if you have Win10 Pro, if you can, do that, since Microsoft have no idea what they are doing at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 12:04 PM, no_connection said:

In short creative fall update messed something up with driver and on a system level, so I had 3 2560x1440 screens that didn't go anywhere but at least teamviewer saw them.
I uninstalled the KB and reinstalled Nvidia driver and it kinda worked. There is still an internal 2560x1440 monitor left that noone knows where it is and what it is connected too, some other stuff still left from creative fall update but it works again.
I had great trouble installing it from the beginning too where it did the same thing. So windows update pushed out a driver for the Nvidia card that don't work and bricked it before I could do anything. So one reinstall later (are we having fun yet) and I unplugged network cable before windows could do anything, and installed driver manually first thing. Then it worked.
Searching for this problem shows threads two years old and windows still bricks installations this way (yes we having fun).

Just as a rule of thumb, always go with Nvidia's own drivers for their cards, even in integrated systems. Windows tries to automatically install a generic driver which as you now know doesn't always spell success and certainly won't have the latest and greatest patch/updates.

20 hours ago, no_connection said:

We don't have a multi screen setup, it's just for recording with OBS. The screens came from nowhere with the update.

But yes I would try uninstalling driver and reinstall, remember to unplug network just in case Windows Update wanna install drivers for it while you do it.
There is an option to disable windows update from doing drivers with gpo if you have Win10 Pro, if you can, do that, since Microsoft have no idea what they are doing at times.

Windows comes with preintalled generic drivers that suit the bulk of use cases of it's users. These drivers are NOT meant for power users who demand peak performance and optimization.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...