Jump to content
DBounce

GH5S Sample Footage and Reviews

Recommended Posts

Emanuel, once I was maybe...thanks :-)

Did you see any test that I've made with my C200? I still have compatibility problems with Angelbird 512GB Cfast Card, quite often the camera doesn't recognize the card. I'm in contact with the original dealer, to change it. Next months when I will have all the stuff that I need to buy, and finished the storyboard, I will shot something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

Emanuel, once I was maybe...thanks :-)

Did you see any test that I've made with my C200? I still have compatibility problems with Angelbird 512GB Cfast Card, quite often the camera doesn't recognize the card. I'm in contact with the original dealer, to change it. Next months when I will have all the stuff that I need to buy, and finished the storyboard, I will shot something.

No, I did not : ) Any link to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

Emanuel, once I was maybe...thanks :-)

Did you see any test that I've made with my C200? I still have compatibility problems with Angelbird 512GB Cfast Card, quite often the camera doesn't recognize the card. I'm in contact with the original dealer, to change it. Next months when I will have all the stuff that I need to buy, and finished the storyboard, I will shot something.

I had problems with my v90 SD card from Angelbird for the GH5. I returned it to them and received a new one in two weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

Unfortunately no, I was interested about GH5, but the C200 seems a lot better so I've bought it. The problem with C200 is the weight, very difficult to use handled.

Now I'm interested in the upcoming Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K.

That footage you just posted looks seriously oversharpened, harsh, contrasty and jittery. I suppose it would be difficult to achieve those results with the GH5, so I think you made the right choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jonpais said:

That footage you just posted looks seriously oversharpened, harsh, contrasty and jittery. I suppose it would be difficult to achieve those results with the GH5, so I think you made the right choice.

Thanks for reply. I was evaluating for a lot of time, what camera should be better. This footage looks over sharpened because I've used Magic Bullet Looks, and it added a bit of sharpening in post. Another problem is that the Magic Bullet suite cause an error in Premiere CC2018, so the software will show a system error.

This is the second test that I've made, but it's overexposed:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

Thanks for reply. I was evaluating for a lot of time, what camera should be better. This footage looks over sharpened because I've used Magic Bullet Looks, and it added a bit of sharpening in post. Another problem is that the Magic Bullet suite cause an error in Premiere CC2018, so the software will show a system error.

This is the second test that I've made, but it's overexposed:

 

Maybe it would be best to post your footage in the C200 thread or in the Shooting thread. This happens to be the GH5s Sample Footage thread. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Maybe it would be best to post your footage in the C200 thread or in the Shooting thread. This happens to be the GH5s Sample Footage thread. Thank you.

Yes, I've already posted the footage into C200 thread, well I think it's interesting comparing various cameras in the market! :-)

This footage coming from GH5s, I've found today and I think it's good example from the camera:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

 

This is my third TEST with EOS C200 in RAWlight: 

 

 

Uh, I hope this in not representative footage for c200? I don't know about Canon evolution, but this image has no anything similar with wonderful examples that posted, say, @mercer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, anonim said:

Uh, I hope this in not representative footage for c200? I don't know about Canon evolution, but this image has no anything similar with wonderful examples that posted, say, @mercer?

It's very difficult to achieve good quality with C200, it's not a camera where you point and shoot. It requires a lot of knowledge about it, my previous camera was an old Panasonic HPX170 so I need to understand more deeply how to achieve good footage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, anonim said:

Uh, I hope this in not representative footage for c200? I don't know about Canon evolution, but this image has no anything similar with wonderful examples that posted, say, @mercer?

Well, he already said he used Magic Bullet Looks to correct it and admitted he shouldn’t have. I also think this was a hard time of day to shoot... no matter what the camera. That harsh, mid afternoon light is never flattering.

His second example is much better, even with the harsh, mid afternoon sun. 

I will agree with him, that it is nice to see different camera footage posted and I look forward to seeing what he can do with the footage as he grows more accustomed to the camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...