Improving GH5 colour - comparison with 5D3 RAW

hyalinejim

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been using 5D3 Magic Lantern RAW for a few years now and it's my personal gold standard for image quality as I'm very familiar with it, can predict the results I'll get in various situations and

Yes, the GH5 is second.   For sure, the 5D files have much more malleability than 10bit VLog. You can really go to town on Magic Lantern RAW - it's a much thicker file. It's almost pristin

@hyalinejim Great job with making the Panasonic reds less orange and ACTUAL red. Here is a shot where the tubes were solid red, the poker table was red, and the guy's shirt was red/black. It was looki

Posted Images

On 06.05.2017 at 7:43 PM, hyalinejim said:

Yes, but it's a bit slow to import the files straight out of camera, so I use the rewrap method posted by @Orangenz

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt2uqr5pp9xi1st/GH5 10 bit fix.pdf?dl=0

Hi

Did you use this method to convert your mov (or you use mp4?) and than you grade mxf in AE?

I find that after transcoding to mxf image becomes more contrasted and not so flat as original files

• 5 months later...

Just tried this on some random GH5 footage I had laying around, color charts, drunk people in my couch, a client interview. All I can say from this extensive 3 minute test is that I really like this, thank you so much! Cleaned up skintones, made the rendition of clothing, furnitures, walls, wall art more realistic. I haven't shot on Canon for a long time as we use Sonys (FS7, a7SII) at work and I own a GH5 privately and this is yummy. Hat off for you, my good sir! Will make this a must have addition in my GH5 post workflow and test it more than these intense 3 minutes so far.

• 1 year later...