Asmundma

GH5 focus excellence

14 hours ago, Emanuel said:

In conclusion, Brownstone and Antos testing confirm the need to lock the focus either on camera or tripod to prevent hunting. That's the key.

I've been using AF lock not just on my G85 & GH5, but on Sonys with PDAF. No matter how good the AF is, the camera still doesn't know what you want to focus on. 

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Ken Ross said:

I've been using AF lock not just on my G85 & GH5, but on Sonys with PDAF. No matter how good the AF is, the camera still doesn't know what you want to focus on. 

Sure Ken. Meant focus hunting there. The camera doesn't guess by herself. So, as Brownstone also concurs the rule we've been addressed on these boards and even Yuryev and the Luminary Linaschke (PhotoJoseph) have ignored, tap-to-focus is your closer friend to follow. 

On 01/05/2017 at 12:47 PM, Mateusz Pieniążek said:

I've been following the GH5 concerned threads quite carefully, but never found anyone commenting on this. How, if at all, does the AF work with a Canon lens adapted through the Speedbooster (after firmware updates)? I'm interested in both stills and video.

I tried to follow those tutorials, but my GH5 won't focus easily: it still continues to hunt slowly and most of the time don't track/follow the subject like in this great example: 

If you have some special settings I would love to try them.

The focus transition is a great add anyway, happy to have it :)

Thank you ;)  

7 hours ago, JazzBox said:

I tried to follow those tutorials, but my GH5 won't focus easily: it still continues to hunt slowly and most of the time don't track/follow the subject like in this great example: 

If you have some special settings I would love to try them.

The focus transition is a great add anyway, happy to have it :)

Thank you ;)  

Simo, have you already tried any one of these tips?

https://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/24937-gh5-autofocus-improvement-on-new-firmware-update-for-soon/?page=3

https://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/24937-gh5-autofocus-improvement-on-new-firmware-update-for-soon/?page=2

On 07 ottobre 2017 at 5:47 PM, Emanuel said:

Ciao Emanuel :)

I tried, but still have a very slow and unpredictable autofocus, not at all near to the exemple of the girl walking... :(
Maybe my camera is faulty: I will try another camera in the shop as soon as possible...

Thank you for your kind help and all the best! :)

27 minutes ago, JazzBox said:

Ciao Emanuel :)

I tried, but still have a very slow and unpredictable autofocus, not at all near to the exemple of the girl walking... :(
Maybe my camera is faulty: I will try another camera in the shop as soon as possible...

Thank you for your kind help and all the best! :)

You're welcome, amico mio! : ) Sent you PM, please check your PM box :-)

From description on YT:

Panasonic GH5

Lens Canon 18-55 STM

Adapter Viltrox EF-M2 Mic Takstar SGC-598

Setting: 4K 60fps

Approx 30mm : F3.3

Tracking AF Mode (AFS)

No custom AF settings

Second Camera: Canon 700D

Lens Canon 24-105L F4