Sign in to follow this  
kabuto1138

METABONES Twitter account... does not exist anymore?

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Why would that correlate to the M43 Speed Booster in any way? The FAQ says it's due for april.

Was it an official Twitter account? They're not on Facebook (sadly), I follow Metabones Korea (a reseller), which has interesting news sometimes.

They were in Twitter because I was following them.  I was checking their account to see if they got a date for pre-orders or something.  I believe they originally stated the release date as March, not April.

That's why I was wondering if it corrilates to the account being down.  They might be getting way to many messages about the 4/3 or something, who knows.  So instead of a backlash of some angry fans they deleted the account?  just speculation.   No biggie, but an update would be nice.

The account named "Metabones" on Twitter was not affliated with Metabones. I spoke with Metabones and they had no idea who that was. I didn't think Metabones had ever attempted to take it down either, so its disappearance probably had nothing to do with Metabones. Anyhow, in my personal opinion they could have explicitly stated they were not official, at the very least.

Looks like the m43 version wont be around anytime soon.

http://www.metabones.com/speed-booster-questions

We apologize but the m4/3 schedule is slipping. Manual focus lenses such as Nikon, Leica R, Contax C/Y, Contarex, ALPA and Rollei will be supported in the second half of 2013.

Canon EF lens (but not EF-S) support is planned in the future, but we do not have an estimated date yet.

The m4/3 version also reduces focal length by a 0.71x factor. So, the combined focal length multiplier of a m4/3 camera and Speed Booster is 1.4x. (2x from camera x 0.71x from Speed Booster.) The optics are optimized for the smaller sensor size.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By dia3olik
      Hey guys,
      I have a SpeedBooster for the Pocket and the Micro for sale, Canon EF lens version.
      Asking price is 450€
      I'm in Italy and I can ship to Europe for fair prices and even WW if needed (postal or UPS).
      BTW I also have a brand new Wooden Camera cage for the BMMCC plus the Wooden Camera PL Mount Pro kit for it in another thread

• By kazkioken
      Clearing out some stuff I don't use, this is a mint condition Metabones Nikon N/F to Sony E mount Ultra Speedbooster with 1 stop and .71X fov

I don't have the container or box, will just be the speedbooster and both end caps with the support piece as shown

Prefer local Los Angeles area pick up for $390 so you can see the adapter in person - can ship to US via PP with additional shipping and G&S fee

• By CyclingBen
      Hi
      Long time lurker first time post.  "upgraded" to the a7iii so I have to part with my beloved Olympus gear.  Everything is in great condition, the only small blemish is on the bottom of the E-M1 where a tripod plate left a little mark.  Otherwise everything has been treated just as well as I treat my infant daughter.
      Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II - $1650
      5 months old 3214 shutter count Comes with extra battery, unused Olympus strap and leather wrist strap All original packaging and warranty card Bought from b and H Olympus 12-40mm PRO - $550
      Used for about 9 months Sun hood Front and rear lens caps Bag UV filter All original packaging and warranty card Olympus 12-100mm PRO - $950
      Used for about 6 months Sun hood Front and rear lens caps Breakthrough photo 3x and 6x ND filters Bag All original packaging and warranty card Will ship to US (from Wisconsin) Free or internationally discounted by $10 to verified paypal address. Contact me if you're interested in the whole lot   Can post pictures if you're interested.  I also have a Sigma 25mm, Panaleica 30mm and a panasonic 40-150mm available.

• By Nocturnes
      Hey, all. We have our rokinon cine set for sale that is no longer needed. Comes with a pelican case and assorted tiffen filters. 
      Lenses are virtually unused and was bought for  a limited project. Would be perfect for any m43 camera especially the gh5.
      Located in San Diego, California. But can ship at buyers expense (will be pricey for case)

Price is $2000 flat for the whole bundle, good deal considering everything is literally brand new.
    • By Chrille
      Check out this little Video i shot on the GH5, Metabones Adapter and the old Sigma 30mm 1.4. (that kendy one :-) ) and the Panasonic 20mm pancake.
      Most of the Grafitti stuff was Shot at HD at 120 FPS. I should have used the 4k 60 FPS instead to keep the Quality with the digital zooms and reframes... 
      Editing in Premiere. Just a fast Grading with Lumetri Looks.